I still think with Lisch and Liddell returning

inthelou

If they truly are one of the elite backcourts in college basketball, as we think, it won't take a whole heck of a lot, even this spring, to make us a tournament team next year. Call me crazy, but having two high quality players like that makes everyone better. It won't take 2 top 150 players and a 2 juco all-americans to fill in the blanks for next year IMO.

Having said that I think BS needs to make sure he doesn't wait and wait and wait. You need a juco who's decent and somewhat athletic that can play within a system. He doesn't have to be highly skilled. You don't need a Knollmeyer, who might be years away from playing. Most of all you don't need Brad "sitting on" these scholarships. Let's get some warm bodies in here and take our chances with KL and TL.

will be different, the L's by themselves were not enough, that team needed Ian to play well. Using ian to open up the perimeter was the Idea. I expect improvement from the L's, as well as from LM, AK, BH, and DM. Even with that improvement and the addition of Relphorde the team is not better. I think a rebounding power foward, the Quitman Dillard type would suffice to make up for Ian's Loss, with the addition of Relphorde. However, that just makes the team as good as last year, while other teams may be improving upon the past year.

A starting pg would be great, but it may not be in the cards, so what would make this team better?

Pettigrew seems to have the talent to make us better, although we have never seen him play. I hate to count on freshman for improvement.

Griskenas' numbers look good and from what we have all heard about him he sounds like a rebounder with offensive skills, while Eberhardt seems (based on stats) to have more offensive skills than rebounding skills.

If peterson or another pg able to start and contribute immediately does not commit then I would favor getting two bigs, Griskenas and Eberhardt, or perhaps the Johnny Davis kid in addition to one of the above.

It seems if Eberhardt is only going to take visits to Dayton and SLU, than he would may still see the chance ofr PT at SLU even if griskenas commits. Per Dayton fans they feels they have too many PF and not enough 1,2 and 5's.

Hey I wish I was optimistic like you but seriously we have two quality players and that is it.

This year we had three, V disappeared in the middle of the season and even worse Lisch missed several games and could not shoot for several others because of the web-hand injury. Done, game over. No margin for error.

So losing V, I cannot see improving. Recruits? I doubt any will put us over the top, still will be too small, cannot win with Polk at PG, Luke is a fighter but a propotype / stereotype SLU small-forward-when-we-need-a-power-forward.

No big time quality, not even a few guys in to help with size and muscle, no PE courses for them like MU, Gonzaga, etc... (hello, "Courtside").

SO we will be small again next year, struggle, hope, and pray.

Get real, in '08 guys like Suggs will not come to SLU with Florida, etc, courting them, telling them about NCAA Final Four and NBA.

We got lucky once, Larry Hughes had a personal reason to stay here, other than that, we have little hope for big time help next year or the next.

Without a pf who can rebound, play D and defend a bit, I don't see us being better than last year. I don't think we are much worse either though.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

i actually thought about them this morning and realized they have used half of their eligibility, realize also they have half left, let's hope they get some help around them

and i realize i have an incredible grasp of the obvious

For this team to be better they need to cut down on giving up offensive rebounds to the other team. There were several games last year when the opposing team had 15 or more shots then us simply because we gave them 10 more offensive rebounds. How can you expect to win when the other team is getting a chance to score 15 more points then you with virtually no time off the clock. Rebounders are the key for this team and that means PFs. I don't care if it is 2 new guys or a combination of them and Adam with Bryce. If Brad does not beef up the interior then we are looking at a repeat of last year and the year before. A pg would be nice but is not nearly as critical as us being able to clear the boards on the defensive glass. By the way, Brad knows this because he knew it last year when he said " if Luke is playing as a forward this year then we are in trouble". The same holds true for this year.

The thing that killed us last year will indeed be the main problem this year, we have 0 quality depth. Fact is we dont know what we have in AK and from the minutes Dustin got last year everyone should agree that he wont be ready this year(if ever). I think that Anthony Mitchell and Marcus R. are quality signings that will hopefully get minutes this year but with Brads track record, im not holding my breath.

Tommie and Kevin will play 38 minutes a night and get harassed by the other team. They are good enough players to handle it but for a 30 game season, it will take its toll. Hopefully Brad signs to more QUALITY players(not just bodies) so we can have a more successful year then last.

Why cant SLU just play like Oregon. They dont have a starting power forward. The closest thing they have to a that is sg/sf Malik Hairston. They played 4 guards and got to the Elite 8. I'll panic in the fall when there are no early commitments/signings. Until then, I remain optimistic.

Cheese for once we agree. I've said all year our biggest problem is on the defensive glass.

We need that PF that can combine with Bryce and Adam inside. Two would be nice, but I think one will do if he can be play defense, rebound an provide a little offense inside. With the addition of MR and AM we are going to be deep at the guard especially if we are able to play Luke at the 3 most of the time. If we only sign 1 though we need Adam to be able to provide 25 quality minutes a game.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.