Pragmatic Billiken

IMO Brad Soderberg will be SLU's coach next year.

IMO all SLU supporters need to get behind the Coach and the program, irrespective of whether you are in the ABC Club, the Kool-Aid Club, or are on the fence, and irrespective of your age or generation. Look at it just once from the practical perspective. SLU is not Michigan. You know exactly what I mean there.

Come on, my fellow Billikens, we all have one real goal: we want SLU hoops to be successful. We all want to win, and to do it the right way.

This Spring recruiting season is critical for the upcoming season and is important for the program as a whole. The fall recruiting season is also key for the long term success of the program.

SLU can get it done. SLU is a good school and now has a beautiful campus, a veritable urban oasis. A state of the art on campus arena and practice facility is on the way.

As the old song goes, "United we stand, divided we fall."

I like the positive thinking and hope that things do come together. IMO, we need the team that plays the first year in the new arena needs be an entertaining and winning one. If the stars align and that's the case, it will go a long way toward drumming up student and local interest in the Bills. If not, it could be a missed opportunity. Let's hope the next two years are good ones.

I could not agree more. Let's all push hard for success this year and forget the negativity. If the team flops and we get no recruits then there will be plenty of time to fret and talk about firing the coach.

Remember--our two stars are just sophomores! Go Bills!

People are going to come to the arena the first year because its a novelty. So what we should do to help keep them coming back is play a few more weak teams than usually early in the season and kick the living c*** out of them. I mean look at the illusion mizzoo had people buying into. They couldnt lose but they werent playing anyone. Of course I'd rather have a really good team!

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

>I could not agree more. Let's all push hard for success this

>year and forget the negativity. If the team flops and we get

>no recruits then there will be plenty of time to fret and

>talk about firing the coach.

>

>Remember--our two stars are just sophomores! Go Bills!

The team has already flopped and the coach hasn't gotten the recruits to this point.

There is some merit in your post.

When SLU turned the corner under Spoon (Claggett and Highmark's Junior years), SLU started the season 14-0, and the snowball was really rolling. Even then President Clinton commented on the Saint Louis team. I'll never forget being at the SIU game at the old St. Louis Arena with over 17,000 fans there, especially when they had to pull the covers off the high endzone seats in the rafters. My wife, friends, and I literally could not believe what we were witnessing.

That year, the non-conference schedule was filled with assorted cupcakes, but it got the mighty mojo going in SLU's direction. SLU won a big game right before conference season started on the road over Arizona State and went from there.

Now the RPI disciples would not appreciate this approach. But it is akin to building the foundation first.