Regionals

slu72

Watching the NCAA's, I'm always struck by one thing. The courts they play on always blare out the host school's identity. Watching the game in Columbus last night, that was not OSU's on campus arena. It was Nationwide arena. Yet that big, make that Huge, Ohio State logo in center court was great advertising for OSU. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past when NCAA games have been played at the Savvis/Scott, SLU's identity are the words Saint Louis in the blue end zones. It doesn't lead one to believe these games are being hosted by Saint Louis University. Just that they are being played in Saint Louis. I'd like to see the AD department go to Scott and say, "hey we need exposure for the school". Paste a Billiken head or two in the end zone. Put a big SLU logo at center court. Or Saint Louis Univeristy at the 3/4 areas of the court. Something for cripes sake that at least let's people know we're involved in college athletics, even if we don't make the dance. A good chance at some national exposure going right down the toilet to my way of thinking.

Ohio State doesn't own Nationwide Arena. I didn't know conferences could host games, I thought it was individual schools. Pretty soon I'm sure we'll see corporate hosts for these events just to put more cash in the NCAA coffers.

The Big Ten is always the host in Chicago at the United Center and the Big 12 host in Kansas City. Alot of times you will see a school and conference host like this year in Buffalo (Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, Canisius College and Niagara University) or next year in Omaha (Creighton University and Missouri Valley Conference)

Here is a link for the the Tournament schedule and hosts thru 2010:

http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/schedules

could it be that they borrow the floor from Ohio State? The logistics of putting on these tournaments certainly do no include buying a new floor or painting the floor each time the games come to town