A PG please...... this spring

slu72

Was listening to Gotleib on ESPN this morning. He was discussing Duke's loss and was saying it was due largely to lack of a true PG. Even though Paulus had a good game, Gotlieb said he's not a PG in the truest sense of the word, whereas in Maynor, VCU had a very good one, who was the difference in the game. PG is a such a key in hoops. He's the guy who makes it happen. If TL is our only option for PG next year, and he's not a bad option, I hope he works on this all summer. Ideally, I'd love to see UB land the Peterson kid from DeMatha as you just feel, because of Dematha, he will have the requisite skills and savvy to step in and play it well. If not him, hopefully someone from the JUCO ranks. We really need a true dyed in the wool PG.

It doesn't look good for getting Peterson.

Here is a quote from him taken from an article on Rivals posted on 3/14:

"Iowa is way up there," he said. "They are my favorite. I definitely want to visit Xavier and possibly St. Louis. LaSalle and Tulane are also involved, and Illinois just recently called."

The latest I have seen on Marcus Walker he had Creighton, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and others, including SLU, vying for his services. His team is playing in the JUCO big dance and he hsadi he won't make a decision until after that. Many think he will return to Nebraska now that they have a new coach, but who knows? I do know that every head coach on his list has been to see him play exept Brad, unless the article just failed to mention Brad.

It looks like Brad's recruiting woes shall continue.

Brad said he was going to give 4 schollies away - he has given 2 so far - not sure if a pg is what he is looking for since he really needs a couple fo forwards. Maybe he thinks the two he has gotten committments from can help in the pg area. It has been said that the both could play the 1,2 or 3 spots.

TL and KL are athletes but we need a true pg who can defend a tall guard; dribble; break the press; drive to the bucket; pass; get assists; and make 37% of his threes as a minimum-he does not exist in this year's team; DAB has no handle; DP not scrappy enough and has no shot or first step to the basket-after two years of being patient-I say bring in talent-this team lacked depth on defense and offence- why hold a scholarship? Get us a juco pg and a juco 4 or 5 who can rebound;

itis time to make our move

we have 5, but soderberg has said constantly he will only use 4 in the spring and hold the fifth for the fall.

i've been told walker is a fashion design major. i dont see that slu has such a major. i question whether he will fit into an existing slu major.

how many times have we visited indian hills college to watch him play? i dont know the answer. if we sent him a letter or made a phone call that said, "we are interested in your level of interest of coming to slu. could you please send us your transcript so we can see what could be done to offer you a scholarship?"

i think that might make a lot of sense.

maybe like the juco kid a few years ago that ended up in wisconsin greenbay, it is a matter he is close and if he passes all spring classes and takes a couple of classes in the summer he could get in. my point was just an observation that there might be academic problems that slu has to overcome.