Big Ten haters - 3-0 first night!!!

While I know it is only the middle of the first round and there are still three more Big 10 teams that need to play their first game but 3-0 in the first night is not too bad. Right now all of you Big 10 haters (you know who you are - we just had a discussion regarding Illinois and the rest of the Big 10 last week) are most likely quiet. GW lays an egg and X gets by. Not bad for the Atlantic 10 but you simply cannot compare a power conference like the Big 10 to the Atlantic 10. GW - what an embarrassment!!!!

larry, i assume you also are hating on at large selections stanford, marquette, and duke this morning as well? their performances were just as bad and expectations were surely more than what anyone had for a team that got hot in their conference tourney and wouldnt have gotten in the tourney without the benefit of their automatic bid.

Roy,

Not all all. In fact, I was the one saying that the Stanford selection was terrible and Drexel should have been in. Marquette and Duke deserved their seedings and no one was talking about them. Yes, Duke had a down year but IMO their #6 seeding was just fine.

I am talking about the fact that some posters on here, and I believe you are one of them, really dogged the Big 10 and Illinois for no reason. Now, Illinois could get smoked tonight but that is not the point. The point is that the Big 10 did deserve all of their selections and is and always will be one of the top conferences in D-1 basketball. The A 10 does not compare to the Big 10 in any category. Comparing any A 10 team or player for that matter is simply nonsense. Yes, I do agree that TL and KL could play for some of these teams. But how do we know where they would fit in? We don't know and by making that statement I believe you are diminishing the quality of the Big 10 and its players. Especially when you say that Illinois has bad guards. I will take Chester Frazer over DP any day, any time.

did george washington lose to a big ten team?

indiana beat the worst gonzaga team in a number of years that recently had their best player suspended for the year for his off court problems.

ohio state beat central states college of conn state or something like that. i think their best win for the year was sanford brown college. plus, i believe i did say that ohio state and wisconsin were worthy of all expectations.

michigan state beat a marquette team that also has a number of injury problems as of late and limped to the end of the season i believe losing more than they won down the stretch.

tonite you got illinois playing the great seth greenberg. (seth could f up lew alcindor's ucla teams). purdue gets arizona. (i wouldnt be putting a lot of money down on that one larry if i was you)

and my bracket says that wisconsin is playing a community colllege in corpus christi.

i.e. no one got to play vanderbilt except maybe michigan state's matchup with marquette.

>While I know it is only the middle of the first round and

>there are still three more Big 10 teams that need to play

>their first game but 3-0 in the first night is not too bad.

>Right now all of you Big 10 haters (you know who you are -

>we just had a discussion regarding Illinois and the rest of

>the Big 10 last week) are most likely quiet. GW lays an egg

>and X gets by. Not bad for the Atlantic 10 but you simply

>cannot compare a power conference like the Big 10 to the

>Atlantic 10. GW - what an embarrassment!!!!

I'd rather be GW than the 12 other A10 schools who didn't make the NCAA's. It's convenient to call GW or Stanford an embarrassment, but they danced. Now, if those two schools goals are greater....or if you are one of those schools where they go often and expectations are higher and first round losses are considered less than expected or hoped for...sure in that perspective to those teams it might be disappointing.

But it will always be better than the 12 other A10 schools. And always be better than all of the Big 10 schools that didn't make it...or any other conference schools who didn't.

I laugh out loud when I hear GW or Stanford are embarrassments...not to any school that didn't dance they aren't.

It was all coming up roses for the Big Ten until Illinois laid that huge egg in the last four minutes. That being said the Big Ten has been much better than I expected. Inside play has really been the key. Mea Culpa, legend.