Sodie's show on KFNS

moytoy12

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy is right on in regards to Slaten. He was naming guys that BRad missed out on yesterday and actually had the gall to mention his son along with Shaw, Stemler, Falker, and the like. Last I saw Troy was coming off the bench at UMSL. How is a D-II bench player going to lead a D-1 team to the tourney? Of course if you asked him that he would turn your sound down do you couldn't speak and proceed on a name-calling tirade about how you don't have a clue about basketball.

But I do agree with him when he says our expectations are ridiculously low.

gary, i have posted the rant numerous times this year detailing all that is wrong with the slu athletic dept. i think that the problem isnt a coach it is the bigger picture. for some reason you seem to think firing soderberg and starting over again will solve the dilemna. imo that is the easy way for the slu administration to continue to mask the problem and wont fix anything but shut the less aware up for a few years while the cycle runs it's course again and then you can call into slaten five years from now and play your same message. the ramp to success if to fix the backroom first. and if slu doesnt want to pony up for that, then the next choice is to indeed imitate gonzaga. slow long road of incrimental success until the breakout succeeds. that doesnt happen firing the coach every 5 years.

grawer, spoon, romar and now soderberg. none could sustain a level of success. up and down. win 20 one year under 500 a year later. after 5 years. start completely over.

i have never said it wasnt slu's fault. i have long stated we dont have an adequate athletic dept staff, we dont have adequate facilities including student housing. is soderberg the right coach? i dont know. i know that romar went from recruiting a national champion at ucla to three straight worse years at slu. then when he goes to washington who had been the model of complacent and mediocrity he goes to a couple of sweet 16's and sends about 5 players to the nba. what he was just dumb at slu? maybe it is slu that was the problem and not the coach?

all i am saying is that slu needs to actually step up and fix the infrastructure first or they can never have sustained success. sure we might send a team to the tourney every few years when some player steps up beyond expectations and carries the program for a year or two, but then it will be right back to it's typical 100 rpi season again.

now if the overall program was really juiced up and then coach soderberg is missing continuously, then you have a case. but for now, i would prefer to try to follow the model of gonzaga and build through consistent internal betterment and when the time comes, then capitalize.

gary, did you expect to win a national championship in that time frame?

the point of this discussion is you claim soderberg promised something in five years. he never put any time frame on any promise.

Your kidding right Kevin is the biggest idiot in he media. You bring up Slaten and then knock Bob for not letting you get your opinion in. That's funny.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

if george mason can make the final four any division one team can do that if the stars line up. just takes a few players maturing past original expectations and all the chemistry coming together at the right time. am i gonna tell you when that is going to happen? no. but i believe it can happen.

Slaten has no balls ... if he did, he would listen to the callers opinion and explain why the caller is wrong. He just starts to yell louder, and call names. You can tell when he is saying something stupid by how loud he is talking. Pete Maravich is the best basketball player of all time and anyone who says different is the stupidest person he has ever heard. How many times in a week does he claim something is the dumbest thing ever. Just by the fact he thinks his son is a good basketball player shows he as no clue. Kevin, why didn't you teach your kid proper fundamentals when he was young. How about a drill to move his f...ing feet. With some good coaching from his dad he might not be playing at UMSL. Kevin ... you've failed your kid.

Gary, you've lost all credability. You give nothing to the University, yet you feel they should give a ##### what you think ... why?

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.