Who does Brad want?

FutureBilliken commented on Alex Mooseman:

Moose wanted to come, but Brad didn't want him.

ok, so who does Brad want? And why is he being picky? He is obviously a stickler for kids who have no body mass, don't lift weights, don't condition themselves properly to handle three games in three days, don't have the body to be a Division One basketball player, have no desire or determination to accept any kind of leadership role on and off the court, can't make grades (Dixon, Obi Won Kanobi), accept the type of mediocrity that is demoralizing and destroying our program and pretty much just walk the ball up the court to await a devastating mid-court GeoWashington trap on Friday night.

The brand of basketball at Saint Louis is embarrassing, horrible and downright disgusting. The coaching philosophy is a pat-on-the-back philosophy and that needed to stop when Soderberg was a JayVee assistant in BumFuc*ing, Iowa. Soderberg cries "oh, it's mentally and physically demanding for our kids." Bullshi*. You are the head coach of a Division 1 NCAA basketball team, not St. Sebastian of the Sioux City CYO league. If your players can't handle it, well, I would say go out and recruit players who can, but obviously we have a head coach who goes out and barfs at a players door before he can even ring the doorbell because he knows Chris Lowry was in there the day before baking cookies with Momma.

To the old school people on this board who hate me and want to come hunt me down and kill me or give me a wedgie or something horrible, chew on this --- Soderberg is far and away the worst head coach in college basketball. Could he come up with plays to beat the trap against GeeDubbs??? The answer is no. He was out-coached by Karl Hobbs, and he was out-recruited by every college coach in the country. That loss proved that our ineffectiveness to recruit a 6'9 250 lb gorilla athlete who can handle the physical demands of college basketball has cost us an NCAA berth, an NIT berth and I hope it has cost Brad Freaking Soderberg his job. He is HORRIBLE. Open your eyes and realize an NIT berth is not IS NOT what our program set out to do this year. IS NOT. No school sets out to win the NIT championship back in October when the gyms open up. No school posts pictures of MSGarden all over the walls to motivate the troops to get to the NIT semis and championship games. But SLU sure as hell can't put up pictures of the Georgia Dome on the walls because we don't recruit players who want to get to the Final Four. We have a coach who thinks Adam Knollmeyer is going to be a physical presence. I know at least ten guys at the Simon Rec center who would beat him soundly in a game of one-on-one and could even spot Knollmeyer 10 points in a game to 12. Dustin MacGuire maxed out on bench press at 135 lbs., according to a friend of mine who is on the baseball team. 135 lbs. That's pathetic.

All of you people need to realize we are going nowhere and Brad Soderberg cannot turn this program around. We need a miracle DeeWayne Wade-type player to rescue us from the depths of Hell. Lisch is not the answer. Liddell is not the answer. Voyoukas stopped being the answer when he sprained his ****** warming up before Randall Faulker made him look more and more like the "first-round draft pick" you all thought he could be. Our program is in free-fall.

I would suggest you open your eyes and do whatever it takes to oust Soderberg. Now.

How do you explain our beating GW in StL earlier this year? I guess your explanation is that was a fluke. GW didn't change their trap, our kids just didn't execute as well as they did earlier. If I knew why, I could sell a book to coaches in every sport, at every level and retire. Frankly, you don't know either, because if you did, you'd tell the world the answer. Come to think of it, if you were involved with GW, you would have been pleading for Hobbs' dismissal when he lost to SLU.

Metz, you are pathetic. Not because you want the coach ousted, but because you are so humor impaired. Alot of comedians work blue because it is actually funny, others who aren't funny do it for the shock value. You fall into the latter category. You and Ann Coulter.

gop billiken said,

"Our program is in free-fall."

question metz, to be in "free fall" wouldnt the won loss record have to be declining? we have increased our won loss record now two years in a row vs an overall strength of schedule that has been 84 and 85 and a non-conference strength of schedule that was 62 and 60.

all that done with a budget that ranks just inside of the top 100. if anything soderberg has overachieved.

Moosman committed very early and could have gone to bigger and better places if he would have waited, but give him credit for sticking with his committment. I don't fault Brad with this one. Many wanted to see his senior season, a season where he bulked up a lot and scored points almost at will. He was a different player.

>if anything soderberg has overachieved.

Let's look at the stats. (Source on most info: kenpom.com)

Final 5 years of Romar/Spoon

1998 - 22-11 Record. NCAA Tourney at-large tourney selection

1999 - 15-16 Record. Pomeroy rating of 69 and RPI of 89 in Spoon's final year.

2000 - 19-14 Record. NCAA Automatic Bid. Pomeroy of 50. RPI of 33.

2001 - 17-14 Record. Pomeroy of 77. RPI of 116.

2002 - 15-16 Record. Pomeroy of 84. RPI of 110.

Overall: 2 NCAA Tourney Apperances, 86-69 overall record. Better average RPI and better average Pomeroy than SLU of the last 5 years.

5 years of Brad

2003 - 16-14 Record. Pomeroy of 87. RPI of 57.

2004 - 19-13 Record. Pomeroy of 80. RPI of 64.

2005 - 9-21 Record. With Romar recruits completely out of the pipeline, SLU finishes with a Pomeroy of 141. RPI of 182.

2006 - 16-13 Record. Pomeroy of 127. RPI of 101.

2007 - 20-13 Record. Pomeroy of 123. RPI of 74

Overall: ZERO NCAA Tourney Apperances, 80-74 overall record. Worse average RPI and worse average Pomeroy than SLU in the final 5 years of Spoon/Romar.

--------

Over the last 3 years, SLU has an average Pomeroy of 130 and has not even come close to the NCAA tourney. The WORST Pomeroy in the final 5 years of Spoon/Romar, which saw 2 NCAA bids, was 84.

Based on these figures, how has Brad "overachieved"?

Roy, seriously, give me a break. Overachieved? 19 wins this year, yes, great. If a 19 win team looks like the team i saw on friday night, then obviously 20 wins isnt what they used to be. our team looked foolish.

and great stats KCBilliken....all you pro-Brad fans need to sit down and read them. the numbers don't lie.

Pomeroy ... who cares.

Either side could slant this argument to make it look posiive for their side.

To be honest I'm tired of the argument. IF Brad is fired, I'll support the new guy and I will not be upset. I can understand the reasoning behind making a change

IF Brad stays, I will support Brad. I can understand the reasoning behind giving him more time.

This is truly a situation in which their are reasonable and good arguments for both sides.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.