Fire Brad before it's too late ;o)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy, we are beating a dead horse here. But in the preseason prospectus and publications, Brad was routinely quoted as saying he needs to play Luke on the permieter for this to be an NCAA tournament team. I stated five months ago that he needed to be held accountable for those statements, and this has been my primary criticsm of Brad all season long. Playing Luke at the 4 caused depth problems for SLU and causes us to be overmatched on defense at two positions on the floor. I am thrilled to death that Brad is coming around, but I hold him accountable that we are in the current precarious NCAA tournament position becuase he didn't hold himself to his own statements.

i agree every team in america can say that. and every team in america is not considering firing their coach.

drastic measures should not be the reaction to two games.

i dont think that husak would have had that success all season and we would have had more negative results had we went that route immediately.

second, i bet brad was counting on obi and/or justin johnson as well. but the fact is they didnt step up. so he went with what he precieved to be the better option.

I agree Willie and David. My problem with Brad is less his recruiting and more his in game coaching. I wouldn't have said that at the begnning of the year. Last year I could understand playing the pack. This year I did not, I have said all along Bryce should be getting some minutes, along with JJ and Adam. Imo our biggest problem this year has been the amount of offensive boards we gve up.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

in the MVC. Have we forgotten how MO State dominated SLU on the road? It took a clock malfunction and some awful free throw shooting to give SLU the gift win.

It might change next year, but I don't think the A-10 compares with the MVC.

Brad's biggest problem in my mind is that he always plays to the other teams strength. He never tries to exploit their weekness. Tonight I'd be shocked to see Luke back at the three. That was only b/c we played UMASS. He also did that against UNC. Every other team Luke plays the 4 and Luke will start there next year b/c he'll be the best player he has and will have the most experience.

I don't know that he's a good judge of mediocre talent either. It's showed in recruiting and has showed it by through the mis-management of his bench.

CAG