Bryan Burwell advocates SLU's return to the MVC.

blue, i dont want the slu athletic dept to announce it is only a temporary move. i want them to come up with the reasoning and facts that prove it was a good move to make at the time and it is still a good move.

a good public relations dept and information staff would have no trouble spinning that. hell we make the good arguments all the time. and we arent even close to the real inside information.

if they truly cant defend the move then keeping quiet only adds credence to what the local media and casual fans have been beating us up about. and if that is the truth, then i would want our administration to do exactly what burwell is suggesting. my point is that i doubt that is the case. we once again just arent being procative. another example of understaffing by slu.

I agree with both of you in that we don't say we are just there for the short term, but that "We are excited at the chance to play in the A10 conference," compliment the conference and programs, yada yada yada, and something like, "given the strength and tradition of the conference, we feel that being part of the A10 tradition is the best long-term move for our program."

That leaves it open-ended that we are happy with the move and we want to do what is best for our program long-term. Nothing groundbreaking, but all we have to be is the right mix of complimentary and concerned for our own success. Given the amount of attention the MVC has gotten recently, and the lack that we have, it might not be a bad move to address the press sometime soon. My concern is that SLU always gets ganged up on by the local sports mouths, then just kind of ignores it, and then people wonder why there is apathy among the local population. It wouldn't be bush league at all to address it and defend the program's actions and goals.

I don't know whats been previously said and don't have time to read whats above, but I think it's very important that we remain with Xavier-Dayton and possibly the 49ers. I think we are in the A10 to set up the next league whatever shape that league may take. If you go to the valley your stuck with those schools foreverI'd agree with Roy that we need to do a better job of spinning our current status. We will be in better shape to move to a new conference from the A10 then any other place. And we will be in a new conference. I don't know when but I can guarantee everyone there will be changes.

i wonder how the big east splits ncaa money? the reason that is important is i think most conferences split with all the schools but the schools that actually earned the points get a greater share.

this is relevent because i believe that at 16 schools and most very good programs, too many schools are going to be consistently not in the money so to speak. this year there are 10 teams in the big east with 500 or better conference records. no way the they get 10 spots as long as the tourney is only 65 teams. for example, one would think depaul will get tired of not getting in even though they have nice teams most years.

I think Cheryl addressed some of what we've been saying in this thread in the radio interview today. Whether Bernie and Randy "believed" her or cared doesn't matter to me. She wouldn't lie to them - the school made a choice and does not regret it.