Why isn't Leon Powell a Billiken yet?

SLUDrew

Dont panic, this is not another Nick Kern or Curtis Muse thing. This Vashon big man is not going to JUCO. I was told months ago that if he didnt qualify he would to prep school. Pretty sure he'll qualify. This article is almost 2 months old, he may have already qualified.

I highly doubt that Lawrence will go back to an academic scholarship. It would limit what he is able to do with the team. Only basketball scholarship players are to completely praticipate with the team, per NCAA rules. I don't believe Mike Anderson Jr. is currently on an athletic scholarship. Coaches children are the only relatives of the coaches that can attend free.

"You know, I don't necessarily agree with this. Anderson's system is a team-based, 10-guys, helter-skelter system that doesn't always translate well for guys with strong individual talents."

Tell that to Keon Lawrence and Stephon Hannah. I think they would disagree.

I do agree that Mizzou's system isn't for everyone. If a player isn't very athletic then I doubt they want to be in a fast paced up and down game. Also players who don't want to play hard when on the court won't last long with Mike Anderson. Other than that I can't really see why a talented athletic player wouldn't want to play in that system.

>

>Tell that to Keon Lawrence and Stephon Hannah. I think they

>would disagree.

>

>I do agree that Mizzou's system isn't for everyone. If a

>player isn't very athletic then I doubt they want to be in a

>fast paced up and down game. Also players who don't want to

>play hard when on the court won't last long with Mike

>Anderson. Other than that I can't really see why a talented

>athletic player wouldn't want to play in that system.

Like I said, Anderson's concept is very "team-oriented". The top-tier or Durants of the world don't necessarily want to play it this way, because it doesn't always allow them to showcase their talents.

I'm also not convinced that Hannah or even Lawrence are top-tier talents. They're very good college players, but they're not future NBAers.

Maybe I'm wrong, but everybody has insinuated that this is a huge draw for talent. If that were true, other major programs would incorporate the old Nolan Richardson style.

There's only one sure fire way to draw talent and that's winning. Just ask SIU about their style.

I read on tigerboard that Carroll could go for free. The scholarship situation has been beat to death on there. I've also read that CMA Jr was on scholarship. Posts on a message board can be erroneous. It happens, but I would tend to believe the fans of that board. I really dont know if who to ask to make sure. What other way would more than one scholarship be open?