Missouri State

The more I hear from you, the more I laugh.

Why don't you check the RPI ranking of the conference and then try and tell me the MWC is better then the MVC. Both having great years but MVC is the toast of the town outside the BCS

Its hilarious that you probably spend your entire life reguritating basketball stats on this website and I come on and in 170 posts, completely show you up. ;) much love brain. you gave a valiant effort but sometimes BSing your way only goes so far...

>The more I hear from you, the more I laugh.

>

>Why don't you check the RPI ranking of the conference and

>then try and tell me the MWC is better then the MVC. Both

>having great years but MVC is the toast of the town outside

>the BCS

>

You're right, the MVC is the toast of the town. It's the toast of the town and it's not really that strong of a conference. It's RPI is #7 right now and it is at its peak. It'll get 2, maybe 3 bids this year. By no means is it a great conference, yet the media is treating it like it is the new Big East. Why? Probably because it's nice to see the little boys stepping up with the big boys. At least that's what I like about the MVC. But that doesn't mean we should get dilusional about the MVC and suggest it's now a major conference.

Whatever idiot. The MWC has three teams ranked inside the top 14 and three total in the top 21. The Valley has one inside the top 25. Thanks for showing me up. Why don't you go give us some other great stats that you make up in your head? So, everybody on the board can prove you wrong again.

Whatever idiot? LOL

Did you get beat up on the playground as a little kid? Did the bigger kids steal your lunch money or not let you sit with them in the cafeteria in high school? That's no reason to take it out on me...just trying to help my misguided buddy.

Oh and for your info, the MVC is ranked 6th - AHEAD of the Big 12. ;) just a little info for those that don't want to believe the facts so blatently laid out in front of them.

By your rational, which is wrong, the CAA was better than the Big 10, Big East, ACC, Big 12, WAC, and all but 1 SEC and 1 PAC-10 team. Is that what you are saying Brian?

There's no shame in admitting you were wrong on this and I was right. I'm sure your dog will still love you. Man's best friend.

Your jealousy is something you may want to address.

>Could it be that we just aren't very exciting to cover in

>the press and that's why the newspapers could care less

>about us?

>

>Or how about the fact that the MVC this year in the premeir

>conference outside of the SEC, ACC, Pac-10's of the world?

>

>Everything isn't a vendetta against SLU folks. The day we

>put a successful and entertaining product on the floor,

>maybe then we get some press coverage.

>

>Or maybe its the fact we play in a conference with the

>closest team about 400 miles away...or that 90% of our

>conference games we have to fly to....or maybe the fact that

>noone knows SLU is even fielding a team this year because WE

>CAN'T WATCH THEM ON TV!!

>

>It makes you look pretty pathetic when you are whining about

>media coverage of a very mediocre team.

>

>We had tons of preseason press due to the well deserved

>hype...and we failed miserably in delivering, during our

>golden oppotunity.

>

>it makes yourself look really sad, brian, when you make

>comments like that. you sound like a whiney, jealous, 5 year

>old...

You need to take a trip outside of the STL region. The MVC had a lot of pub pre-season and early season.....and now...it is fighting for its life to put 2-3 teams in the NCAA's....and the A10 will very possibly get two teams.

>Whatever idiot? LOL

>

>Did you get beat up on the playground as a little kid? Did

>the bigger kids steal your lunch money or not let you sit

>with them in the cafeteria in high school? That's no reason

>to take it out on me...just trying to help my misguided

>buddy.

>

>Oh and for your info, the MVC is ranked 6th - AHEAD of the

>Big 12. ;) just a little info for those that don't want to

>believe the facts so blatently laid out in front of them.

I wil be waiting for the MVC to get more bids than the Big 12 this year and also do more damage than the Big 12 in it. Can't wait.

>Northern Iowa getting destroyed at home by Nevada? Like that

>was that big of a shock. NEVADA IS #10 IN THE NATION!!!!

>

>SIU beat #12 Butler!!!!! That is a HUUUUGE win

>

>Last time I checked, Appy St., Drexel, and Winthrop are all

>pretty darn good teams. You are so completely off base here

>its sad thinking those losses are terrible. Way off base.

>All have a heck of a better chance at the tourny then we do.

>

>We should have joined the MEAC. I think they had more games

>on TV this weekend then the A-10...

App St and Winthrop are ncaa bound and Winthrop could win a game.

"By no means is it a great conference, yet the media is treating it like it is the new Big East. Why? Probably because it's nice to see the little boys stepping up with the big boys. At least that's

what I like about the MVC. But that doesn't mean we should

get dilusional about the MVC and suggest it's now a major

conference."

You're right--but part of it is that the money the MVC spends in town buys great press. You can't convince me otherwise. This has been going on for years-even before the MVC had a conference career year last year. Every single year I have to hear how great the MVC tournament is and if I was a real basketball fan I'd pony up and purchase tickets. Nevermind that I'm not a fan of any of those schools, I should do my civic duty to buy tickets to their tournament.

>"By no means is it a great conference, yet the media is

>treating it like it is the new Big East. Why? Probably

>because it's nice to see the little boys stepping up with

>the big boys. At least that's

>what I like about the MVC. But that doesn't mean we should

>get dilusional about the MVC and suggest it's now a major

>conference."

>

>

>You're right--but part of it is that the money the MVC

>spends in town buys great press. You can't convince me

>otherwise. This has been going on for years-even before the

>MVC had a conference career year last year. Every single

>year I have to hear how great the MVC tournament is and if I

>was a real basketball fan I'd pony up and purchase tickets.

>Nevermind that I'm not a fan of any of those schools, I

>should do my civic duty to buy tickets to their tournament.

Good post...

The only thing I like about the MVC tourney is it makes all the downtown bars a little more during that weekend.

I don't mind Canadian. He's just venting without a lot of knowledge.

that's okay. doug elgin has done a masterful job of lifting the profile of his league.

last years was good for the MVC they need to be successful this year because there are many impact seniors in the league. the big key is the continued success in the future. That is what the A-10 and C-USA did over a period of time.

For example,

Temple, St. Joe's, Xavier, UMass and Rhode Island have all been to the Elite 8 in the past seasons. UMass and Temple have been multiple times.

In that same time span those same schools have been to the Sweet 16 and add GW to the mix as well as a Sweet 16 team.

Jameer Nelson, David West, Delonte West, James Posey, Lamar Odom, marcus camby, Mike James, Cuttino Mobley, Rasoul Butler are currently NBA starters. there are about 15 a-10 guys in the league.

The C-USA has had similar success in the past 10 years before the league broke up. Two Final Four teams, several top NBA draft choices and major exposure with the likes of D.Wade.

As I said before, the A-10 and C-USA have taken a back seat in the [past couple of years) and the MVC is now in the spotlight and swinging the big stick and getting major kudos and publicity. Now, that such success has been achieved Over the course of a 10-15 year period can they sustain similar success that the A-10 and C-USA have achieved.

Can they get some elite eights and possibly a final four (maybe SIU can pull this off).

can they get four or five teams in the big dance on a consistent basis.

can they get several of their top players in the nba to join kyle korver, who's getting lonely as the only one.

can someone join patrick o'bryant as a lottery pick (he's in the D-League now).

they valley was like this at one time, it just happened to be in the 60's and early 70's and few good ones in the late 70's and early 80's. for you research buffs go look up who some of the top stars in the valley were then and ask yourself if today's valley stars and teams are comporable. then get back to me. Canadian, that is your homework assignment for today.

these are questions that will be answered over the course of time.

bad boyz for life