RI game thread

Cowboy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was great after the 35 second shot clock violation against a zone D.

What is going on. I would have thought that 7 days off would have been a benefit to a worn out team with some injuries.

Two starters w/ no points at all Polk and Lisch. In retrospect it probably would have been better to sit Lisch a few weeks to get him totally healed than to have this happen. Without seeing the game I can only speculate that his hand is hindering his shot. It didn't hinder him too much the last game but he has had some issues with this injury and a full recovery would benefit SLU more as they need to prepare for the tourny. I understand that there is a Catch-22 as we want to get the best seed possible as well.

looks like another Xavier score unless SLU turns it around quickly. Do you guys think good shooting like RI's 57% has to do with poor D or good shooting? Maybe a combo of the two? Sounds like URI was getting wide open looks in the first half.

Lots of standing around on offense by the Bills.

Need to really come out strong in 2 half. Limit turnovers

Is it just me or every game does someone post something along the lines of the other team needing to cool down? I feel like every team shoots at a high clip against us and I think it says a lot about our inconsistenty on defense. We just seem to give up so many open shots and defense is not much more than effort. It is really frustrating to see us get lit up by these A-10 teams. Lets hope we can come out with a spark and make a game of this one. The spark always seems to be Luke Meyer; so lets see if he can come out and make some plays, similar to what he did against GW.

Lisch is now 0-5 couple that with the other poor shooting games. I understand he brings tough D but he may have been more valuable healing then playing 100% because we have suffered in the games in which he played injured (for the most part). So take a flyer on a few games and then hopefully get him back at 100%. Too late now.