st. joe's view on us.....

dewey33

>How do you find an assessment that refers to Luke Meyer as

>"soft" to be extremely fair?

I didn't take that comment as really anything against Luke, but rather a suggestion that he's not really a true pf, but somewhere in between a small forward and power forward, which is what he is. If you read on, he gives him nothing but compliments illustrating that Luke shoots 50%, is hard nosed, and is a solid rebounder for his size.

I know in your mind a fair assessment would read more like, "This is a great Billiken team, St. Joe's can't match up, their starting five are the five best players in the A-10, the bench makes solid contributions every game, and Brad Soderberg has done a fantastic job this year."

sshoe said sarcastically, "I know in your mind a fair assessment would read more like, "This is a great Billiken team, St. Joe's can't match up, their starting five are the five best players in the A-10, the bench makes solid contributions every game, and Brad Soderberg has done a fantastic job this year." "

sshoe, now you are starting to sound like kshoe. :-)

>sshoe said sarcastically, "I know in your mind a fair

>assessment would read more like, "This is a great Billiken

>team, St. Joe's can't match up, their starting five are the

>five best players in the A-10, the bench makes solid

>contributions every game, and Brad Soderberg has done a

>fantastic job this year." "

>

>sshoe, now you are starting to sound like kshoe. :-)

Whoops. I'll try and watch that.

>sshoe said sarcastically, "I know in your mind a fair

>assessment would read more like, "This is a great Billiken

>team, St. Joe's can't match up, their starting five are the

>five best players in the A-10, the bench makes solid

>contributions every game, and Brad Soderberg has done a

>fantastic job this year." "

>

>sshoe, now you are starting to sound like kshoe. :-)

I would take that as a compliment. He's usually right on the money.

Huh? Who thinks we're an automatic W? There was one yahoo poster on the thread linked who said that...and it was more of a homer "prediction" comment than disrespect. I haven't seen anybody on the A-10 board think we're an automatic W. The St. Joe's preview article says anyting BUT that.

Please, Canadian point me in the right direction. Where are these people?

I can't imagine why anyone assoicated with St. Joe's would think anything other than automatic W when they play SLU, anywhere. In both losses last year I think they held us under 40 points. That home game loss was last year was completely disgusting. Maybe Earl and the Rammer can take out that flapping eagle during pregame to help break the streak of horrible St. Joe's losses. Or maybe playing on ESPN2 can change our luck and get the Bills pumped up to play both ends of the court for forty minutes. This is a spotlight moment as far as televsison coverage for the regular season.