A stepping stone program?! Playoffs!?

GOPBilliken

Before I start yelling like Jim Mora, you have to be kidding me to think that if Brad Soderberg gets fired that he will have success at another Division 1 school. Honestly? What are you smoking/injecting/snorting? What program, save North Dakota or Montana State would hire Brad Freaking Soderberg? That would be like the Cubs hiring Steve Bartman to do the P.R. for the Cub Cruise.

Soderberg wouldn't even make the Chicago Catholic League Green Division playoffs with our current squad. We're talking playoffs here, people. Playoffs!

First of all, and for Gods sake will someone just agree with me here, Soderberg couldn't recruit a starving Ethiopian to eat a hot sandwich with Randy Quaid at a Las Vegas blood bank. The man cannot recruit. Flat out CANNOT RECRUIT. Lisch and Liddell were gift-wrapped and victim of circumstance lands by SLU, and great, whoopie, fine --whatever. They are here - time for you to shut up and look at our wonderful, outstanding and deep bench and the fall class, which currently comprises of less talent than Contestant's Row of "The Price is Right."

You are living in a dream/fantasy world where people are ostracized for being right - Soderberg cannot admit publicly that he is an awful recruiter and he has no idea what he's doing. It's a wing-and-a-prayer every night, and you dumb asses out here don't seem to care and you go along for the ride. Open your eyes, people. A few wins here and there and a glorious Bryan Burwell article scattered among the other liars you St. Louisans cherish and love like sons (McGwire, Davidson, etc) doesn't make our program any better. Articles calling for Soderberg's head and confronting our lack of recruiting success needs to be Dog 1 material. Front page news.

To think that if we lose Soderberg that he's going to become the "one that got away" is absurd, ludicrous and ignorant. If he went to the Elite Eight his first year and we lost him to, lets say, Minnesota or Northwestern, and he became some Big Ten Prodigal Son, then maybe, just maybe I would agree with you. But he has become Dick Motta before the Bulls hired Phil Jackson. He's worn out his welcome on 14th and Clark. New arena, whatever. Out of money, more excuses.

We are stepping up our efforts to get Brad Soderberg fired. I will not personally rest until (barring an NCAA Tournament appearance and a first-round win) he is fired. Our record, recruiting success and overall attitude surrounding our program, our fan base (which is a joke) and our student body is atrocious. It needs a new course and a new direction, and all of those in favor need to follow me to freedom.

Fire Brad Phase II is now in effect.

Again, I think it gets overlooked way too much, but something needs to be done above the coach before the coach can succeed at SLU.

Please tell me again about all the great recruits Romar got here. Oh yeah, he didn't get anyone either. I would venture to say Lisch and Liddell are better players than anyone Romar ever had, and he is one of the best recruiters/coaches in the entire country.

Until other changes are made at SLU, coaches will continue to get blasted on this board and the SLU program will be mediocre. I don't blame Brad for all of this because I don't see the program as that different as any other past seasons. We should get about 20 wins and get a berth in the NIT - same old, same old. If we want to get better, the University needs to make a bigger commitment to the program. Getting the new arena is a start, though.

GOP, you are a yo-yo, wasn't it you who was supposed to be bringing all of these 'fire soderberg' signs? Never seen one, and I've been there at every game. I'm sorry, but, grow a pair, or just shove it, I dont really want to listen to this... junk..

Soderberg is anything but the world's best recruiter. I hold him highly accountable for this. It's just not happening, no early signers, no JUCOS, no nothing. Walk-on Mania. No bench. Just the Iron Five.

Now, I guess you could try to blame him for a supposed 'regression' in players, Yes, Ian is not playing well. He's probably lost his NBA dream and simply doesnt care as much. Maybe it's something else, if you know ANYTHING, please tell me at once.

Kevin is hurt. I'd like to see you shoot or run or whatever with masses of tape around your leg or hand. Stemmler was supposed to be filling our gaping hole at power forward. People, Stemmler WANTED TO GO TO INDIANA. SODERBERG IS NOT AT FAULT FOR HIM. The problem is there were NO OTHER OPTIONS selected if Stemmler did not come. Bogus.

We knew Danny was a turnover waiting to happen, no suprise. His scoring has just drained more. And he has lost confidence.

I'm looking for someone to be sacked, but I don't know if it should be Brad, I'm just tired of these people being all fired up about firing Soderberg, with illegitimate complaints.

Oh, and, GOP, if you were a coach, would you run around telling people 'I suck and have no clue what im doing'? I didn't think so. That would be reason enough to fire you.

We have our eyes open, we see the flaws, but we also see the chance to revitalize our team, and for Brad to have success.

Now go back to your little crusade, you're really saving the world.

Operation 'OVERTHROW BAD COACH MAN PERSON' in action, right?

Express here is where your logic falls apart.

1. Bruce pearl was a D2 coach and I would love to have another B Pearl at SLU.

2. If the new coach had great success here and left it would mean our programm would be in great shape. Consequently SLU would recieve a higher caliber of applicants second time around.

Obviously there was some sort of fundamental breakdown with Coach Brey at Notre Dame and Coach Weber at U of I with Lisch. Something must have happened...when they say Lisch chose SLU over UI or ND, that's true because UI and ND stopped recruiting him for some reason. It wasn't like Lisch was at the Altoff library with a SLU hat, a UI hat and an ND hat in front of him and he chose SLU -- oh no.

What happened? Obviously they saw that Lisch wouldn't be a Big Ten or Big East caliber player, so they backed down. Giftwrapped.

Something other than Brad Soderberg and the Our Lady of the Snows Shrine in Belleville kept Lisch from not playing in Champaign or South Bend. But we did not beat out U of I or ND for Mr. Lisch's services, and if you believe we roughed Brey and Weber around, you are more of an idiot than I thought. Good day.

Thanks chief. You try too hard, you're not funny, you bring up the same stale points.

And as for the "truth", i hold similar beliefs to you re: Soderberg. I don't emphasize them with silly hyperbole.

If what you are doing is bringing "something to the table", i'm happy to starve.

You're a joke. You can't write. You can't get your points across with subtle, yet sharp witted humor. If you weren't a joke, you wouldn't bring down the firebrad website, you would bring the fire brad signs...you're all bluster, just a joke.

STALE POINTS? You think having a coach who can't recruit is a stale point? Recruiting is the foundation of a successful collegiate program and you think it's a stale point? Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket. You are living in a dream world, MT12. Wake up and watch our team get out played and out coached night in and night out.

Here's the best advice I can give you, just pretend you don't see posts by Metz. The problem is figuring out which poster is him from his many names.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

Seriously, you really think the Illini stopped recruiting Lisch. It is well known they were after him the entire time and wanted him on their team. Don't just throw statements out there like that. It makes you look like a fool. So you are a joke in my eyes as well.

I don't like what Brad did in recruiting last year as much as the next guy, but I'm going to give him credit for what he has done, getting TL and Lisch were great gets for this program. Don't just throw that aside.

I'm sick of half the posts on this forum. I used to come here for insightful banter about SLU basketball but half the posts are way off base now and add nothing to why I came here in the first place.

Get over it already!!!! Brad and the staff landed Lisch and Liddell two years ago, great. They did not choose Saint Louis University because of Brad Soderberg, but they are here. What have we done since then? Are you thru smokin Brad's cock for getting those two area kids into the program. Are you so thrilled with him landing two quality players that you are blind to our current roster and the fact that we are playing with 6 legitimate players and receiving no contribution from the recruits since Tommie and Kevin signed. How am I or anyone else realizing that Brad Soderberg is a joke way off base? It is a reality and obvious to any on looker. I have been saying it since the end of last season, Brad Soderberg is not the guy to take this program to the next level. Do I know who the answer is? No, but I know that it is not him. He has lost his team and it is time for him to go.

Free Tommie Liddell.

OK THE VULGARITY IS TOTALLY UNNESSECARY, STOP WITH IT CAJUN, NO ONE NEEDS TO LISTEN TO LEWD HOMOSEXUAL COMMENTS FROM YOU. IF YOU ARE GOING TO RANT AND RAGE THEN DO SO IN AN ADULT AND RESPECTABLE WAY. YOU ARE A JOKE. Now as for the Soderberg recruiting problem, that's not a joke. It is fact. However, our team CAN be fixed, and recruiting CAN happen, its all a matter of having GOOD JUCO CONNECTIONS. Soderberg is a fine coach, he is in the fire, but hes not burned yet.

Grow up, Cajun, Grow. Up.

Your a joke for accepting this crap. He has lost his team and how is that not obvious from todays game? We were outworked for the second game in a row and today the area got to see it. Defense is all about effort and we are getting lit up by sub par teams. I just do not understand how anyone can take a honest look at this team and Brad Soderberg and feel like he is doing a good job. Its all a matter of having good JUCO connections? Your kidding right? How many of the teams in the top 25 get significant contributions from JUCO transfers? We do not recruit, we just look for quality area kids to fall in our lap. Soderberg is saying he does not know the answers, is there anything more you need to hear? He is not getting it done and needs to go.

We aren't a top-25 team. Go follow UNC if you want 8 all-americans. The defense is all about effort, definitly, thats where my complaints lie (alongside the recruiting of course). But don't tell me we don't need JUCOs. Spoonhour won with JUCOs. Tried and tested, it works. 'Nuff said.

I know Soderberg has some real problems, but I also know there are real solutions.

We need JUCOs because Soderberg cannot recruit quality players out of high school. We are forced to recruit JUCO kids because of necessity and our consistent recruiting failures. I never said we were UNC, but what quality team gets significant contributions from JUCO transfers? The only solution at this point is to move on.