Hey Ace!

so now instead of "a source" now your source is like the players or all the mangagers?

if you want this to be credible, name your source. or else dont play the "i have a good source" line. either you name your source or else take complete ownership of your opinion.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

If he were my son, I would encourage him to work through the down cycle, with the operative word being work. Cutting and running is not good preparation for the real world. Dumping the school relationships and his educational progress because of a few losses? That's no win to me. Would going to a different program help his nba prospects? No way - if you have it, they will see it, and you will be rich.

I have a source in Columbia, who has a grey afro. Let me just say, the word up there is that the players are fed up with Anderson. No wins in the conference? Playing in front of a half empty house. It looks like there might be a player revolt.

why do you even come here anymore. you should really join the tigerboard.

you dont see how conflicting your statements are? you criticize billiken misses in recruiting claiming we should have been able to convince those prospects to come to slu but then sit here and tell existing billiken players that they should transfer.

you are not a fan.

I think people are not real happy with the lack of a conference win up in Columbia, but they are very pleased with Mike Anderson and the players seem to really be on board as well. The source you are referring to is taking the wait and see approach before annointing Mike Anderson the saivor, but he is happy overall. Mike Anderson has stirred up a lot of excitement in Columbia. The only current player that I know he has interacted with is Matt Lawrence. Your source would be one of the last guys to hear of player revolt.

If Mizzou has so much going for them, why has it been several years since they've made the Big Dance? Why is attendance so crappy? I don't even want to speculate on why the locals haven't embraced Anderson. It seems like you and daddy should put your perms together and figure out how to solve that first, before you worry about SLU.

A lot of excitement? Hahaha! They are drawing less than we are. They had 7,300 for a conference game on a Saturday. The PD does a front page article about how bad your attendnace is. They haven't won a conference game, but everything is peachy?!?! Talk about low standards.

cajun said,

"If Soderberg remains the coach past this season, I will no longer be a fan of the program. The past games I have been around for, I chose not to attend and I would say I am a very borderline fan at this point. The only reason I even root for them is because I want to see those kids succeed."

this is the definition of a bandwagon warm weather fan. one would hate to think his state of mind if the team was 6-12 instead of 12-6.

I would have never traveled to Southern Illinois thats for sure.

I have read you bash people who complain, but do not donate money to the athletic department and to the school. Shouldn't you and all of those who do donate a significant amount of money to the athletic department be the ones upset with the current state of the program? You are the ones throwing away your hard earned money. You should be the ones calling for answers and looking at Brad Soderberg and saying this is not good enough. I have little to lose in this. I don't give any money to the athletic department and I certainly never will with Brad Soderberg as the head coach. It is easy for me to go to a game watch Justin Johnson run around like a jackass for 10 minutes, see a team with absolutely no bench, see kids play with little to no defensive intensity, and tank to one of the worst teams in the country without really getting that upset about it.

I say bring on the losses, it furthers my agenda and that is to get Soderberg out of here. I have been saying it since the end of last year and now people are starting to come on board. If you talk to the average SLU fan or St. Louis sports fan and they will say, that Soderberg needs to go. I will lead the movement, I just need followers. I will make my voice heard to Cheryl and Biondi and whoever else is in a position to get this done. What Brad Soderberg and his coaching staff is doing here is unacceptable and I will not stand for it.

cajun said,

"Shouldn't you and all of those who do donate a significant amount of money to the athletic department be the ones upset with the current state of the program?"

see you cant even comprehend your own statements. you said, "state of the program" not coach. if you think about it, i have been ranting about the infrastructure of the billiken PROGRAM for a long time. the coach imo is not the program. he is an intregal part, but he cannot do it by himself.

cajun said,

"I have little to lose in this. I don't give any money to the athletic department"

well i assumed that to be the case. if definitely doesnt surprise me. a lot of hot air with no substance.

cajun said,

"I say bring on the losses, it furthers my agenda"

disgusting

cajun said,

"they will say, that Soderberg needs to go."

amazingly, none of the polls i recall here at billikens.com support that. now the uninformed st louis casual fan that calls into kfns slaten show do. you are one of them apparently.

I am tired of your excuses of why Soderberg can't get it done. Are you Brad's brother, cousin, neighbor, assistant coach, financial advisor? We have the resources to get it done and five seasons is long enough to wait and see. Brad Soderberg has not gotten it done and there are no excuses for it. He can't coach and he can't recruit, there isn't much else to judge him on. Everyone says he is a great guy, well ask one of his ex-players what they think of him. He has completely lost his players and that to me is when you say enough is enough. I will be calling Slaten and Bernie very soon to voice my displeasure and to get them on board with my movement. It is not hard to get people on board with this, the proof is out there and anyone can see it. St. Louis and Saint Louis University deserves better. Brad, your fired.

so who is your ex player that we should use as our source of information. if you are going to play that card, then you have to be willing to name the player that would say such.

going to slaten and bernie is really going to be a tough sell. good luck on that one.

as to "the resources", name the private schools that consistently win big that have a 90+ basketball budget.

nice touch with that donald trump play at the end. you are so creative.

btw, you still havent named your other sources as well. now you are bringing in ex players as well. you need to give us some names to use those cards.