Has Hardball vanished?

brianstl

I always thought you had sincere concerns about the Bills because you were a real fan and tired of the mediocrity like most of us ABC'ers. Your post indicates that is not the case...you're just a flamer of the program and hands down winner of the Triangle and Too Award for 2006-07. Even the most ardent Kool Aid member and ABC'er knows Friday is a long shot, but none of us are anticipating a loss and certainly no true fan would want an L, just to say..."See, told ya'".

I never stopped posting, brianstl. As for joining the UB love fest, I'm still waiting to see how this year turns out. If we go dancing, he'll have made me a follower, if not, well...that discussion can wait until March. No reason to be generating any bad vibes at this point in what is looking to be a banner year for the Bills. All that said, let's just go out and smoke the boy from Tobacco Road....the Tar Baby Heels.....

slu72, i agree with brian, separating yourself and calling out now confirmed soderberg hater and not a fan like hardball reaffirms where your loyalties lie. it made me smile to see your reply to hardball.

I am back to being related to Ahern again. You guys are so predictable it is not really even funny anymore. The game against MSU was awful to watch and if it wasn't for the tip the BS supporters would be crying in their Kool-Aid today. We scored 51 points with a tip in at the buzzer. Anyone worried about that? My attraction is to SLU not BS. You guys think we are going in the right direction and I question the direction. I am not sure how this makes me a relative of a player SLU held to 0 points. But if it helps some of the BS supporters feel good about our program that is fine by me. I gave cedit to DP for his job on Ahern and even BS for his game plan on MSU's leading scorer. Still didn't address our offense and the turnover prone TL and DB play.

I have gone out of my way to not to emphasize our lack of early fall commitments, lack of running game that was promised and pitiful non conference to date. Then we have one good home victory and people start calling me out. If thats how you guys want to play I don't have a problem with that at all. But that sword will cut both ways. My comments regarding Saturdays post was meant to prevent another Texas AM fiasco. I don't expect to win on Friday I just don't want SLU to be embarassed like at TX AM.

Talk to you guys on Saturday.

Correction:

Our best player had a horrible game. We played terrific defense. Everyone else (DB excluded) played excellent ball. Would you rather we'd slacked off on defense hoping for some easy buckets on the other end, or played keep away after 2 minutes to protect our 10-2 lead?

We held their leading scorer to 0 POINTS. ZERO. We beat a team (that didn't play outlandishly bad themselves) that beat the #4 team in the country at home.

That was NOT a horrible game. Turnovers against a team known for causing turnovers aside, that's a terrific game.

>Correction:

>

>Our best player had a horrible game. We played terrific

>defense. Everyone else (DB excluded) played excellent ball.

> Would you rather we'd slacked off on defense hoping for

>some easy buckets on the other end, or played keep away

>after 2 minutes to protect our 10-2 lead?

>

>We held their leading scorer to 0 POINTS. ZERO. We beat a

>team (that didn't play outlandishly bad themselves) that

>beat the #4 team in the country at home.

>

>That was NOT a horrible game. Turnovers against a team

>known for causing turnovers aside, that's a terrific game.

Are you really saying that our 22 turnovers in this game was acceptable?

No, they were not, I was pulling my hair out as much as anyone else. However, 15 of those 22 were from 2 players, one of whom, legit or not, won the game for us regardless. Tommie, as many have already stated, probably played the worst game he ever has, and take away say... 7 of his turnovers, and we're sitting on 15 total, and at least a 10-12 point difference in the final score.

It was sloppy, but that was the way the two teams came to play.

Not to insinuate that you feel any differently, but I'll take a team that always has heart, and sometimes plays sloppily, over a nice, shiny team that crumbles every time they fall behind by half a dozen points.