Very informative game!

Billikan

Although it was very disappointing for our fans and particularly the team and the coaches, this game tells us a lot about our team.

IO, tom Frericks and Reggie had excellent offensive games and they competed hard every minute on the offensive end. IO really looks like he is ready to be the player we all hoped he would be when he signed and he is playing defense like we never would have believed. He shut down Novak.

Our overall defense was excellent. Josh did a good job on Diener except for about 4 possesions and Diener made him pay every time including the fake and up and under for the game winner at the end.

Tom Frericks is a warrior on the boards and in the low post oon offense and he got screwed on a couple of foul calls or he would have had an even better game.

Reggie showed that he can do the Perry moves on the drive to the hoop. He made several incredible drives, including a masterful sffort at the end to tie the game.

Reggie hurt us on the defensive end at times, particularly on the defensive boards when Mason took the ball away but he is trying hard and he will improve with time.

Varner adds toughness and intensity in subbing for Tom but he must hit shots and he missed wide open looks time after time tonight.

Sloan was awesome on defense and played smart on offense. He is a classic TEAM player who does not care about his own stats. I love the guy.

As with the games earlier in the year, I truly believe that we did not look like we were out of place with the lead against a top 25 team at their place. we got some lousy calls at the end but we competed hard. we really need to win one of these games but I think we will get a lot of respect around the league and the country with our great defensive efforts against good teams. I am proud of our team.

Marquette fan here

Just wanted to give you guys some props. Excellent effort by you guys in a venue that is very tough to win at(1 loss in last 3 years).

MU is not the team it was the last 2 years but we still aren't bad. You guys competed hard(as you always do) and just came up a little short.

I have no doubt it will be the same type of game when we play the rematch at your place.

good game.

ps Bryant is one tough SOB. For awhile I wasn't sure if it was Reggie or Kobe =).

Sorry to any MU fans but the opportunity to win this game was taken from us ... The 5 sec call and calls on Tom ... which took him out of the game ... and the charge by Sloan? This was a joke and it shouldn't have to be this way

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

I agree that the 5 second call was unusual in last minute situation. I'm sure I would feel like you guys do if that call was made against MU.

As far as the fouls you will get no sympathy from me. I saw NUMEROUS fouls on St Louis yesterday they were not called. Merrit was hacked a number of times. Jackson had position on a play that was called a block.

Fouls ended up pretty even which is all you can ask on the road in a conference game.

It wasn't only unusual it was wrong. The charging call was also not even close. TF got taken from the game. I could live with it if we were on the positive side of the calls when we are at home ... but we never are. I am not taking anything from MU ... they just played the game, they have nothing to do with the calls.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

and wrong, but it jumped out as you. Again someone has to question the official about that call....

as for the fouls the on that frericks fouled out on was a foul, The only one I questioned was the third foul with merrit in the lane, but I would give the official the benefit of the doubt on that one.