We Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH

First of all ... There hasn't been a bigger Ian Fan on this board than me from day 1. With that said, no I don't think he is a first round NBA pick. I think he is a very good college center with good offensive moves average athleticism and slow feet compared to NBA centers. He is not strong enough to be overpowering and I think he would have alot of trouble defending the 4. Could you see him defendng Dirk?

Next ... I'm not sure he is the best player on the team. I would say I see Tommie, Kevin, and Ian as equals ... all with their own completely different talents. I think Tommie has the best chance to play in the NBA.

I don't think we are a sweet 16 team and to make us one doesn't have much to do with Ian, Tommie, or Kevin playing better than they have. To get us to that level assuming the big 3 make normal progressions as the year goes on. Here is my opinion of what it would take

1. JJ. can play 25 minutes a game as he has the last 2 but adding a little offense to his game about 7-9 ppg.

2. DB keeping his focus and making better decisions with the ball and shooting the 3 more consistently.

3. DP finding a midrange game. A consistent pull up from 10-15 ft.

4. Quality back up minutes from Bryce and 1 of the 3 freshman PF's.

Can we do it. Possibly, but imo we need to many things to happen to get there. with that said seeds in the NCAA tourney are so important, as is an early upset for your 2nd round game.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

what i want from ian is somewhat of a poor man's andrew bogut like season. i know he isnt bogut, but i want him to be that kind of a dominant player relative to the team he plays for. i think he is indeed that talented and can do that.

skip you keep posting his double double stats, but quite frankly he should be averaging that considering he has not faced equal inside talent yet. you made a sarcastic comment throwing out 20-20 something stats and imo, he probably should have done just that in one of the games we have played thus far considering his size and strength compared to our opponents.

again, i am not saying ian is terrible. i just think he is better than what we have seen thus far. he definitely played better last year at this point in the season. maybe that is because he is no longer a surprise, but in any case, one would expect him to continue to raise the bar as well. i actually believe he will, but my billiken impatience is showing.

We are a different team than we were last year. We no longer live to dump the ball in to Ian.

Like I said I don't think he has played as well as he can, but I don't think he has played nearly as bad the last 2 games as you would think reading some of the comments on this board.

I think you remember a different Ian then I do.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.