The Venice Menace

Claggett is now the head coach at McCluer High School in St. Louis. He spent a year at Venice and was hired at McCluer over the summer.

I saw him last night. His team lost to St. Charles West in the semifinals of the Fontbonne Tournament. McCluer will play Zumwalt South in the third-place game at 7:30 p.m. tonight, if anyone is interested.

Here is a copy of McCluer's schedule: http://prepsports3.stltoday.com/basketball...chedule154.shtm

- Nate

Claggs was at our end under the basket two or three games ago with what looked like a full team of players. (It would be hard to believe that they were kids on his team, since they were teasing him, but you never can tell.) Do you suppose he's been bringing the team to Billiken games?

i called in to frank's regular "nobody asked me but" segment.

my call consisted of "nobody asked me, but if frank is not the channel 5 sports director then i am out as a channel 5 viewer." click.

as to frank being bitter, he has not commented one bit on the air. if he wanted that job though, which i heard he did, he should have been the selection. it is obvious from his work on both tv and radio he is one hard working guy that does nothing but quality reporting with enthusiasm. i am betting he got caught in the middle of station politics. not fair to frank.