Why didn't Husak play tonight?

CougarRed

In the post game interview, Coach said that he went with the smaller, quicker lineup tonight. He plans on going bigger tomorrow night against Lamar. Mainly, because they are taller and play at a slower pace.

Said he was prepared to bring the "lumber" to Lamar.

Husak, Obie, Dixon and Knollmeyer should all see time on Saturday.

Like Coach said in his pre-game interview, 5 of his 6 best players are guards. I hope that we don't let Lamar's size dicate things. If tehy are big that means they are probably slow, so let's speed things up and see if we can't run them out of the gym, and THEN bring in Husak et al if we need to.

The only way that works is if we are hot from the outside. Brad will have to go taller tonight if only to get rebounds. It will be tough for TL to rebound the way he has against those big guys Lamar has. Does not mean Brad can not still run - he will still have 3 horses in there. More than enough to take advantage of a slower team - it all begins with the rebound.

we are playing the likes of Lamar and La Tech. this isn't exactly UNC. We should be playing our best 8-9 players and dictating the speed of the game. the inferior teams shouldn't be dictating what players get to play.

I understand the need to make minor adjustments based on the other team but how does a player like Brcye not even get in the game last night after we've taken a 20 point lead with 15 minutes to go? Especially in a 3 games in 3 days tournament the more guys you can get involved for significant minutes the better.

At the end of the day, guys like Bryce and HD are going to be required to play against quick teams at some point so why not get them some experience in mop-up time?

If we are as good as we think we are, we are going to be better than most of the teams we play. We should be dictating the lineups, not them.

"I understand the need to make minor adjustments based on the other team but how does a player like Brye not even get in the game last night after we've taken a 20 point lead with 15 minutes to go?"

Brad chose to sub in Obi for Ian instead.

"At the end of the day, guys like Bryce and HD are going to be required to play against quick teams at some point so why not get them some experience in mop-up time?"

In the last 2:30, Brad chose to play Obi and Adam instead. I wonder if he's going to stick with these two off the bench for the entire weekend?

great answers, because "Brad chose to".

I still think blowout wins are a great opportunity for us to play guys like Bryce, Obi, HD and AK to see what they can contribute. They played a total of 12 minutes in a game where 30 minutes were available in "mop-up" time. (15 minutes remaining in 2nd half at the 4 and 5 spots).

and kshoe is the fan. He gets to ask the question. Comes with the postion.

Skip, as much as you talk about Bryce and how good he is I would think you'd like to see a little more of him on the court, especially during blowouts. I'm just trying to see what you see but its hard to do when he's sitting on the bench.