The Post-Disgrace

bauman

You know, Alumni Fan seems to have it figured out-Don't put a Penny into the coffers of the "local" rag.

It is nice to know that our assigned beat writer thinks one of new recruits' name is "Luke" Knollmeyer. Great job TT!!!!! (See page D10 of Sunday's write-up of the Quincy game.) With knowledge and insight of the SLU BB program like this, why would we need to go anywhere else to get our information on the Billikens?

Speaking of getting any info from the Disgrace, where was the box score of Saturday's game? Mizzou's was there-just above our article. No space available for this info on the only city D1 team? How about using the sacred space you used to print the Georgetown-Hartford game summary on D 15? At least give us the space of one of the Geo-HRT summaries since you printed it TWICE on that page. Why would you do that? Wait, here's a reason---these are the kind of mistakes and omissions made by a second-rate newspaper's sports editor and his staff.

OK P-D, you really felt it necessary to print that twice for some unknown reason--I'll give you that. Here's an alternative for getting the SLU box score into the sacred space of the Disgrace "Sports" section---use the space given to the Women's game attended by thousands-------Stephens v. College of Pharmacy.

They give MU football top billing over the Illini, but give the Flyin' Illini more hardwood coverage...the pendulum might swing both ways for the Illini, as they just inked price WR Arelius Benn from Dun"Good"bar High School in Metro D.C.

Personally, I'd rather read the Belleveags papers, just to see how I can apply for a fixed mortgage rate or something.

We can ***** about the Post until the cows come home, but who really cares what they think. Does it make you gnash your teeth, or make you love the Billikens any less? The simple truth is this; win games and they will come around. I will say however, that anyone who has let himself go to the extent that Bernie Miklasz has probably should only be allowed to cover competitive eating competitions. He is fatter and more ridiculous looking in person. His throwback jerseys could double as the infield tarp at Busch. Sing kumbaya to that,fat ass!

Well said Blengend. This team has talent. We're in the Show Me state, so let's show em. Now it's time to go out there and pile up wins and make the Tourney. I think we had plenty of positive press during much of the Spoonball era. I'm more concerned about how well we'll play over the weekend and who if anybody we're recruiting right now than what the PD is doing.

>They give MU football top billing over the Illini, but give the Flyin' Illini more hardwood coverage...

This isn't entirely true, as per above: There isn't just one Post-Dispatch sports page. The Illinois Edition leads with the Illini, the Metro and Jefferson County Editions lead with Mizzou.

Could there possibly be a valid reason why someone who subscribes to the only available local newspaper (therein lies the problem) and lives in So. County, can't get an edition that has a box score of a game that ended at 9:00 on tne previous night?

Also is there anything we could do to help our incompetent beat writer get to know the Billiken players and their names? How about suggesting he start reading this web site for real SLU BB info? (Just tell him to IGNOR postings by VTIME or Billiphan)

same kind of interest; Guy Phillips actually sounded happy to announce the Billikens and encourage the crowd participation. Did I miss the Prayer or did we give up on that until we get the new arena?

In the city you can still buy the latest edition which I believe has been 5 stars in places like lafayette square corner of Park and Mississippi across from Arcelia's Mexican restaurant (they

have a hot pepper clear broth chicken soup that will break a fever)