Chicago Billiken

Orange Julius

Where are all of the Chicago ALumni? If there was some way to rally them together I have no doubt that we could get Brad and AT and some other SLU people to come up there and meet and greet and talk to the "Chicago Billiken Club." Like the sound of that...lol. We need Chicago players like Jake Pullen, Josh Crittle, and others but it would be a lot easier if we had a contigent of Billiken supporters who wore their Billiken Blue to their high school games and what not. The coaching staff at SLU believes that winning at SLU starts in the midwest and Chicago is definitely a place SLU needs to build a pipeline.

There is a SLU alum club in Chicago but I am not sure that they do much. Gus Chiggins and I try to watch some games because bars here are pretty receptive to turning the games on if you can tell them what channel it is on our provide satellite coordinates. Is there anyway to get these from the athletic department?

If there are any other Billikens.com contributors who live in Chicago we should get together to watch games.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal.

I would come up for the Billiken/Depaul games as much as possible. There would usually be a get together at the hotel near the Horizon and it was always well attended.

Contact the Billiken Club office at SLU, 977-8180, ask for Margo. If there is a group that wants to go to the Loyola game, they will get an alum rep up there, and a visit by a coach for sure. Margo will know the right person to talk to in the Alumni office to facilitate a party.

The Loyola game is during the middle of the week this year, so I can't get away at that time.

mhg