I think this answers our questions...

Check out the new story from the PD. It puts to rest the questions about why JJ and Clarke arent' playing. Basically it boils down to them not giving the effort in practice. However, Soderberg said he also wanted to shorten his rotation....

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...t+for+Billikens

If he pulls this freshman hazing thing with our quality recruits next year I'll scream! I really like what Coach has accomplished with our program in the little time he has been here so I shall grin and bear it but I'd rather see the best team on the floor for games as opposed to the best practice team.

I agree. If you can't provide the effort all of the time, then talk to Quin about transfer opportunities. I am sure that DC and JJ will figure things out sooner or later.

I am certain that Polk will provide that intensity from day one, and I have no reason to believe that Liddell and Meyer will not as well.

Kids at this age are very difficult to understand and even more difficult to motivate. I think it falls under the old adage "You can lead a teenager to his room, but you can't make him make his bed" or something like that.

That's why, in my opinion, the recruiting process is so critical. You can have the best athletes on earth, but if they are whack-jobs (e.g. Clemens) or selfish (e.g. insert your Mizzou player here) or just plain lazy, you will not win (e.g. Mizzou). Coaches need to look beyond pure skill and athleticism and get quality young men too. So far, Brad has done a decent job and is sending the right messages to those who refuse to fall in line.

(Sorry Mizzou fans, it just seems to fit.)

I love the fact that Coach won't put up with not practicing hard.Isn't a scholarship renewed every year some of these kids better figure it out.He made a statement last game by putting Fisher back in when he was hurt that if you don't do what I ask in practice you won't play. And he reinforced that in the article. 7 man rotation I expect fisher to play all 40 min tonight if his ankle is okay. Anthony will sub for reggie and Isiac for tom and chris. Hope the bigs bring their A game sounds like Dayton has a good front line. Good luck to night Bills and everyone have a safe happy new year.

Well see how ross does but until these younger players follow the example of the older hard working players they will be pulling out splinters. Its sad that they don't see the big picture that they aren't just hurting themselves but the whole team. I think after a while the older guys are really gonna start riding these kids get in their faces.Actually that really doesn't always work most of the time you get that deer in the head lights look. It all boils down to attitude and how bad they want to play I personally would rather work hard everyday then have my coach tell the wholoe city the reason your not playing is because you are lazy and you don't work hard. That would really hurt my ego if I was one of those players. We are gonna need help down the stretch we have a lot of games left to play. I really hope these guys can pull things together and help out the players that have put in the time and hard work.

Izik starts, so he won't be subbing for Tom and Chris.

Starters:

Ohanon

Sloan

Frericks

Bryant

Fisher

Reserves:

Drejaj

Varner

In case of foul trouble:

Johnson

Hunt

Mop-up duty:

Clarke

I hope things change by the end of the year concerning Johnson's and Clarke's spots in the rotation, and it remains to be seen where Ian Vouyoukas will fit in.

I'm sure that there's not much that Brad Soderberg wants more than for his freshmen (whom he recruited) to be worthy of playing. They're freshmen; they'll come around -- maybe this year.

Hey, Anthony Drejaj was a significant contributor as a freshman, so why can't Justin and Darren? If Brad could flip that switch, he would, but since he can't he'll do whatever it takes to guide and mentor them into figuring "it" out. His job is the one on the line.