Question

I recently heard Anthony Bonner on KFNS an I did not hear any mention of the current Billiken team or staff. I was wondering if anyone knew if he has any involvement at all in the program as well as if Larry Hughes does? I think those two, especially Larry, could really help in recruiting. With a lot of big time talent coming thru the area in the years to come I think Larry and Bonner could be of great help in getting these kids to come to SLU and build something great in the city they grew up in. I see these kids as different from Liddell and Lisch, seeing as Suggs and Griffey and Brandenburg are already being recruited by the top teams in the country, whereas Kevin and Tommie were talented players, but not really pursued by the elite programs until later in the game.

Larry does not want anything to do with SLU, since they did not decide to hire Derek Thomas, he even took the shooting machine when they announce they hired Romar. He bought them a great shooting machine but took it away. They use have 2 now they have one.

He did not even show up to the hall of fame banquet for him.

>Larry does not want anything to do with SLU, since they did

>not decide to hire Derek Thomas, he even took the shooting

>machine when they announce they hired Romar. He bought them

>a great shooting machine but took it away. They use have 2

>now they have one.

>

>He did not even show up to the hall of fame banquet for him.

Larry attended the SLU game at Cal when Romar was the coach and was interviewed at halftime. Sure sounds like he didn't want anything to do with SLU AFTER they decided not to hire DT.

And Lance Stemler is going to sign with SLU. You have no credibility, loser!

I think I do, I know a lot more than you think. So iI blew it on Lance

Stemler, chill out, if you were in the Athletic Department that morning everybody was for sure he was going to sign even Brad, he changed his mind at the last minute.

Sorry for reporting false information, its not Like I raped your mom orsomething, just chill out about Stemler. If we can ot win with Tommie,Ian,Kevin, then how in the hell would have stemler helped?

Also Larry was there because he is best friends with Tatum. Then why did he take the shooting machine away he bought for the team.

He was on at halftime of a Billiken game talking favorably about his time at SLU and talking about how he still rooted for the team, thought it was cool he could see them while he was playing for Golden State, etc. Therefore your statement that he wanted nothing to do with SLU following Romar getting the job is false. Try again.

I do not know how credible volfan is or isn't, however I do know that my freshman year I saw Randy Pulley wearing a Golden State Warriors t-shirt and he told me that Larry had given t-shirts to the whole team. Larry may have still had ties to some of the guys on the team or the coaching staff at that point and now has no ties to the program, that I don't know and that's why I was asking. I just feel like I don't see or hear much from him, so I am sure he isn't walking around Cleveland with a Billiken jersey on. As for what you hear in an interview on tv or the radio, you almost have to take that with a grain of salt. Larry isn't going to bash the program in the media or air his grievances to an audience who worshiped him when he played for the Bills. That seems like a pretty random thing for volfan to be making up. What is volfans position at SLU or who are his "sources"?

the new NCAA rules prevent former players from contacting prospects and actively recruiting on behalf of the school they attended.

I also have been told that Hughes has not given a dime to SLU or CBC and runs around with this "I was expolited by everyone" chip on his shoulder. CBC particularly could use the financial help. Could be bitterness on the part of a former HS teammate of his but I have no reason to doubt what he was saying.

By the way volfan, while you are correct that Stemler changed his mind "at the last minute" it wasn't from SLU to IU, it was from Marquette to IU.

>Larry does not want anything to do with SLU, since they did

>not decide to hire Derek Thomas, he even took the shooting

>machine when they announce they hired Romar. He bought them

>a great shooting machine but took it away. They use have 2

>now they have one.

>

>He did not even show up to the hall of fame banquet for him.

The same Derek THomas that coaches Western Illinois and signed 4 of our area guys in the last 18 months. Xavier Price, Mo Smith, James Washington, and Zo Taylor.

Volfan,

Your knowledge on the topic must be 3rd-hand because you have completely butchered the facts while throwing in small threads of the truth. It's sort of like that game where you tell a story to the person next to you and see how different it is by the time it gets to the end of the row.

First, Larry was around constantly during the Romar days as his boy Tatum was still playing at that time. He had a very good relationship with Romar, and had no outward objections to his hiring. During the Romar era Hughes gave the team a shooting machine to "store" while he was away, which he would use when home during the summers. After Romar left, Hughes was unhappy that Floyd Irons was not considered when Brad was hired. He then took his machine and asked CBC to "store" it for him. At no point did we have 2 machines. Finally, he was not at the Hall of Fame ceremony Jan. 16th 2004 because the Wizards were playing his former team the 76ers at home that evening. Please get your facts straight before posting.

Who can blame Larry ... he needs the shooting machine as much as anyone

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

>Volfan,

>

>Your knowledge on the topic must be 3rd-hand because you

>have completely butchered the facts while throwing in small

>threads of the truth. It's sort of like that game where you

>tell a story to the person next to you and see how different

>it is by the time it gets to the end of the row.

>

>First, Larry was around constantly during the Romar days as

>his boy Tatum was still playing at that time. He had a very

>good relationship with Romar, and had no outward objections

>to his hiring. During the Romar era Hughes gave the team a

>shooting machine to "store" while he was away, which he

>would use when home during the summers. After Romar left,

>Hughes was unhappy that Floyd Irons was not considered when

>Brad was hired. He then took his machine and asked CBC to

>"store" it for him. At no point did we have 2 machines.

>Finally, he was not at the Hall of Fame ceremony Jan. 16th

>2004 because the Wizards were playing his former team the

>76ers at home that evening. Please get your facts straight

>before posting.

Volfan consistently butchers the facts. He has no credibility. Just like when he said Tommie blew out his knee.

um, no they aren't. Yes, they got the land donated but they overextended themselves badly with the new building and are in serious financial trouble. Plus, they don't make as much in tuition as they allow many kids from the inner city to attend on scholarship (most of the kids at the school I coached at in North STL go to CBC because of the aid provided). Because of their financial woes they lost their "college" designation (other schools like to taunt them during games by chanting "lost your college" or "CB".