Plan B if IV goes pro?

slu72

Heinrich was a good defensive center, better than we'd had since I'd followed the bills. His offensive production left a lot to be desired. Your basketball god, Romar sung his praises to the heavens, much as you used to do for Drew Deiner.

This is pointless. Bryce is better than Heinrich now.....

while drew and i dont agree on much about the billikens these days, i am with drew on the bryce issue. i hope we are wrong as wrong can be. until then i just shake my head.

and the ian that we were looking at then has long disappeared about 30 lbs ago and much work.

So you admit it's possible, Bryce, with a lot of hard work, can work out the gum chewing and walking problem??? Good for you Roy, we're making progress.......

Seriously though, given a bunch of work in the weight room, do you not see Bryce as a servicable big man?

The big difference being that Ian, while out of shape, at least showed some basketball ability in his early days. He showed a nice touch on his jumper, etc. He showed the ability to make basketball plays. What have you seen from Bryce to indicate that he has the ability to be a A-10 center? You can workout all you want, you can't fix coordination. I think the Heinrich analogy is dead-on.

>I've got no personal dogs in this fight. Averaging 6 points

>and 5 boards AND good defense on a team that make it to the

>sweet sixteen would certainly be pretty good. I could

>certainly see him averaging a double double as a senior

>assuming he continues to get stronger. I'd consider that

>terrific. I only really take issue with your

>characterization of Bryce as someone who can't walk and chew

>gum at the same time....

Ian won't even average a double double as a senior, so dont expect Bryce to do so. That being said, I am a big fan of Bryce and I hope he and Ian start together this upcoming season along with Lisch, Liddell, and Brown/Maguire/Meyer, whoever proves in fall practice they can stick the midrange to outside shot.

Good point. I had thought Ian was closer to double figures in rebounds last year. He had like 7.4 per game. Ian could certainly average a double double as a senior after 13.9 ppg and 7.4 rpg as a junior. Bryce will succeed Ian as our center. My prediction is that he'll do well enough and surprise Roy and Drew if he keeps getting stronger.

I'm with Rich ... I think Bryce will be a good player for SLU as a Sr. An intimidating shot blocker and average close to 10 and 7. I think he will fill in this year and be better than most expect.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy