For the time being....

Admin

Until we get a new message board script, I am going to impose a strict rule of Billikens/College Basketball topics only. Moderators, please lock any threads that are off topic.

Sorry to be a dictator, I just can't handle the Politics/Bickering right now. Easier to give a sweeping generalization of Locking threads, but people come to Billikens.com for Billikens talk.

For good Sports and Political St. Louis oriented talk. I strongly recommend The Sport Lounge

That's disappointing that you would cave to the complaints. IMO, the level of civility and amount of bickering on that board was no worse recently than it was a couple of years ago. The only thing that changed in that time is that the President's approval ratings have plummeted and those who supported him suddenly don't want to talk about politics/current events any more. I wonder why???

I completely understand and respect that it is Steve's board, but I don't think I'm out of line for respectfully expressing my opinion too. If you looked at the political discussions from a year or two ago, they were no different recently than they used to be. What has changed in tone is the basketball conversation. Much of that has to do with just a few posters who are not SLU bball fans stirring it up a bit.

Ace, you are not out of line at all. Billikens.com has generally had many discussions that were not on the Billikens/College Basketball. However, the tone of the board has changed, and I have been too lenient at times. For the time being, at least until I can get the new board running, I would rather have this rule in place to keep Billikens.com BILLIKENS.com.

I apologize for my brevity, just a busy day for Steve.

If you mean that no talk of other Billiken sports is not allowed, then I am disappointed. If, by Billikens/College Basketball, you mean to include any Billikens sports related discussion, then I 100% agree. Based on your post Steve, and the followups, I'm not clear how restrictive this is.

As far as I know, you're the only one who got a warning from Steve. You really shouldn't call yourself a goober. A more positive self-image would go a long way for you. I really am hoping you'll put the vulgarity aside and stick to Billiken basketbal.

Phan, Skip, were you given the same warning that rich received?