Damn this frustrating!!!

ACE

Sometimes it's just frustrating as hell being a Billiken fan. Just when it seems like we start have some stability and a full roster this crap happens.

The timing of McClain's departure wasn't even good. I wish he would've left sooner so we could've used that scholarship.

Good thing we have those three easy games to start the season. It might take a little longer to jell than I hoped.

I wonder if there's anybody still floating around we could sign? Maybe a good transfer?

how could we have used the mcclain scholarship? we were only allowed 5 new players max regardless of how many you had in hand.

Who are our five new players? Husak, Ian, Clarke, Frericks, and Morris.

I guess we should try to convince Abraham to transfer this semester. If we don't, then we essentially lose the scholarship. Correct?

we won't lose the scholarship, we can bank it. Not all teams use all of their scholarships in a year, often preferring to balance out classes, wait for more talented players the next year, etc. Teams are allowed a maxium of 13 scholarship players per year - you don't lose those you don't use. It just gives us an extra scholarship next year.

i think that is true. that is why i said, give it to phillip hunt. if we could get a quality player like abraham i am all for that, but i just dont want the program to panic and give it away and then be stuck with that player for 4 years when they would have been better off doing without for a couple of years than create a people jam with a non-producing player.

i also wonder if there is a deadline for getting the player and it counts for this group of recruits or the next? i am guessing as long as they attend school this year it would be ok.

what might make the most sense is just waiting to see if a jason conley type transfer player materializes.

law, if we do not replace morris and mcclain, it would seem we would have 5 to give next year. however, since we gave 4 this year, we can only give 4 next year according to the 8/5 rule. thus we will have wasted one. however, i dont think giving it to phillip hunt would count against that number.

i think if i was pretty q, i would have pre-sold my recruits this year on the upcoming storms. they would have already bought in on the conspiracy theory and everyone is out to get us. thus grimes isnt questioning anything. he is still looking forward to being an outlaw with the rest of the team.

Don't take this to condone cheating, but not everyone looks at Missouri with the smug self-righteousness of many SLU fans. Missouri has four commitments for the 2004 class. They either are sure that Missouri is innocent or have no problem with the alleged activities (i.e, there's something in it for me).