Clemons is dismissed.

MUTGR

They are our in state rivals, we should hate them. I hate mizzou for the same reason I hate the Red Wings or Cubs. I get to exert some of that animosity every year when we play those teams but in the case of Mizzou who won't play us the hate just continues to fester.

Of course the fact that Mizzou is usually better than us is another reason to ahte them. That won't be a reason much longer though.

Clemon's was spending his sentence at a halfway house called REALITY House????????

Of course Alden will cover his a**. If/when Ricky comes up with these allegations Alden won't want to stick around for the lynch mob, he will high tail it off to another school, off scot-free leaving Quin to burn. It would be poetic justice, someone finally putting the screws back on Quin.

I think skip was replying to my post about Mizzou keeping him and you're line got in between. I don't disagree with skip's comment but I am also not inclined to wholeheartedly support it. It has merit but don't you get tired of all this crap about being "in it for the total person." Didn't we have this discussion about this particular program at Mizzou once before? I don't care to reopen any wounds but for chrissakes ..... not only can skip's point be made about Clemons but so too about Mizzou or any other institution in the situation.

I know that's probably a high-handed and most-hoped-for situation or event but still, if a school gives someone, anyone a scholarship, I think they should still be on the hook to honor it. Of course, if memory serves, athletic scholarships are one-year bonds that are renewable each year ... the student does what he is required to do and the school does its part. It also the schools that break their end of the bargain ..... by running kids off when someone better comes along ... that is sleazy also.

I am not condoning one end of this or the other. There could have been some points made in Mizzou's public eye and then some not made. You can't please everyone all the time. A cross roads was met and a decision achieved. The bottom line they chose was cut Ricky off at the knees. So be it.

Remember he dumped Whaley.Wonder if Whaley had been eligible,would he have dropped him?

imo, in the whaley scenario snyder should have washed his hands much sooner than he did.

Kshoe ... my reply was not intended for you but as Taj suggested for the entire idea that mizzou owes this kid anything or should have any sort of moral obligation to him. If a school gives a kid an athletic scholarship and he is doing his best but not meeting expectations than I agree ...you keep them on scholarship and fulfull your obligation. But with a free ride comes an obligation to follow the rules and give your best effort. These are not junior high kids we are talking about. I'm sorry but I even support moving a kid along if he or she doesn't give a solid effort ... ie late for practice, meeting, misses classes etc.. If the school has taken reasonable means to correct the problem and the student just doesn't make the effort than it's time to start teaching them the tough lessons in life that they obviously haven't learned to that point. In other words the school has an obligation and responsibility but so does the student. I'm sure when the student was recruited he committed to do his best.