Maurice Scott, Earl Austin on KFNS....

gister

I'm surprised no one has noted this, but they were both asked this morning about which conference the Bills should join and both supported the A-10 very strongly. They felt it would be a step backward to go to the MVC, making it more difficult to recruit.

Scott was not so down on SLU in this appearance. Maybe as long as one of his boys is going there we will get more of his support.

Earl is a smart in the know basketball guy, he has always backed the move to the A-10. Earl must be rubbing off on Maurice because even though Scott was wearing an MVC shirt, he still acknowledged the MVC being a step down for SLU.

That's a good thing to hear. I don't know much about Maurice Scott, but everything i've heard on this board suggests that he is quite condescending toward the Billikens. If signing a few local recruits can change his mind, it will most likely change the outlook of many STL media personalities. This will not only help us in recruiting, but I'm sure attendance could sky rocket. I think us Billiken fans could have some good times ahead of us....

i agree. we seem to hear a different maurice scott these days. i tried to get on the air while driving to a lunch meeting today and never got on. i was going to compliment scotty for his good words. he deserves to hear that from us now.