Steve Paper Ideas

Okay, I have to write a paper where I take a stand on an issue. There has to be two sides to the issue, and I just have to take a stand on one. I asked my professor if it could be sports related, and she wanted me to explain, so I explained the whole A-10/MVC issue. She said it was fine. But I was wondering if you guys have any ideas of any other Billiken related issues I could "take a stand on." If not, no biggie, but I think it is great I can write a paper on the Billikens.

Steve

i like the a-10 issue. lots of subject matter to draw from there.

you could always try to present both sides of the on campus arena or not.

How about......

Do you recruit Ricky Clemons?

Sure he's a major scumbag with a history of abuse and academic shortcomings (fraud), and sure even schools with lower reputations than yours are shying away from him, but he could potentially win you a national championship and you are so arrogant that you think you can change his character or at least stymie his most criminal urges until he leaves campus.

If you are coach Snyder, what do you do???

Signdude,

I love SLU and posting about it but I wouldn't recommend writing a paper with such a narrow scope. One very important aspect of writing is knowing your audience and, I'm not trying to stereotype female English professors here, I would bet your prof is not a huge sports fan. Furthermore, she probably has no clue about the Billikens or possibly college basketball in general. If you want to write on something that is timely and does touch on sports you could write about the recent scandals in college sports. College Athletics a positive influence on higher education or a detractor? SPUMAC, Baylor, SBU, UofF and Maurice Clarett all come to mind.

Your a young liberal type guy, that shoud help you with most of your professors as most of them will be liberal as well. As a conservative I had to watch some of my writings because the prof. would be predisposed to disagree with my stances.

What I have learned (too late to benefit myself) is that the students who get good grades in college are not necessarily the smartest but those that give the professor the answer, topic, style that they want. Ask yourself not, "what is the correct answer?" but "what is the answer the professor wants." If you do that you will prosper.

and while that may seem to not be a correct approach, steve, sadly too often that is what life is about......figuring out the system.

gotta agree with the previous post...

give em what they want...

remember a similar topic in a freshman comp class - i had read shakespeare's julius ceasar year before - so gave her the reasons why brutus was justified in his actions...and of course she ate it up. wasn't that great a paper - but compared to the other stuff people were turning in on uninteresting current events - it stood out.