Post reporting....

gister

I would have expected to see a nice article about Liddell's signing in the Post today. But the only mention of it was in Bernie's column. So SLU signs one of the top recruits in the St. Louis area, and it's a non-story. I know Nate had a blurb in Friday's paper prior to the signing, but there was nothing today after it became official. How come? I thought this was news.

As a rule, the P-D sports department doesn't cover high school athlete press conferences. You'd be surprised how many of these "press conferences" there are throughout the area every year. Every school wants their press conference to be covered and every school thinks it needs to be in the paper.

I was going to write a bigger story for Friday's paper, but that got cancelled. Sorry. I would guess Stu Durando will write a big story on the recruiting class when it becomes official. Same thing with Missouri and Illinois when the time comes.

- Nate

Nate I've never said it but thanks for the insight into the Post Dispatch. I'm certainly one to go off half-cocked and blame the paper for slight's real and imagined. I got thrown out of Bernie's Press Box for calling the paper the post disgrace there when Josh fisher was signed with no mention by the Post.

Having said all that I think we'd all like the indepth inch thick sports page we had during the brief time when the Post was driving the St. Louis Sun out of business :)