To get back on track....

I elected to stay out of the below contraversy, but am interested on what you guys think about the original post. Can Bryce really start at center this year? I assume a few people have seen some scrimmages lately and has he made that big of a change since the all-star game? Frericks has a year of C-USA experience and a year at JUCO. Bryce is fresh out of high school and from what I've heard needs some muscle. So is Bryce just that good, or are we screwed at the center position this year?

I just cannot see Frericks not starting.

Husak though appears to be a defensive stopper in the middle, a big time shotblocker so he should get minutes. He could be our Jim McIlvaine in a couple years.

At the coaches' luncheon today, Brad was very high on Frericks and his size and ability. He was also high on Ian and his ability down low with his back to the basket. He said he would like to see Husak red shirt, but with the potential 10 game penalty, he wasn't sure what will happen.

Another note, Fisher will start at the point with Drejaj as backup and Clarke as his backup. He commented that Bryant can really score.

Final note, and some won't be happy, but the marketing department has decided to close the first week of practices to the public. This is being done as part of "something special" that everyone should be pleased with. That's about all that was said.

Final, final note, a new Billiken TV spot was unveiled. It looked pretty good, but was on a small tv in a big gym, so it kind of got lost. SLU is working with the Spark Agency, the A-B marketing spinoff, to promote Billiken sports. Kevin Quigley represented the agency

I think Frericks is clearly the starter, but Bryce will get 10+ minutes per game. He has a nice body which will only get better with a weight program. He's a nice athlete. I can't predict how he will develop nor how hard he will work, but he's got NBA size and when I think of McIlvane, I have high hopes for Bryce. Possibly he'll lose minutes to Zorba when he's eligible, and maybe they'll redshirt him next year. But don't discount him yet.

i had seen on fox sports midwest a short interview with brad where he said practices would be closed. that is disappointing, but understandable. obviously can sing a different tune with no one there to watch.

If we need Bryce this year, then we should not redshirt him. We can always redshirt Bryce next season when presumably we will have two experienced centers and, hopefully, Shaw and JJ at the power forward positions.