Was Shaw's press conf

slu72

a non event? Has anyone received official word on his signing with the Salukis? Or is still just conjecture on the part of the recruiting gurus. By the way, Q made some tinny sounding statements in the PD on 10/07 about his program and how much he cares about the academics of his team...puhleeze!

bullseye's site had it last nite. said that matt painter was the coach that pursued him the most and made it clear that matt was his top priority. as i said the other day, the summer romance with grimes probably sealed our fate.

i think the site address is www.ilprepbullseye.com buy not sure as bullseye bros just started the site recently and i havent looked at it from my office yet so not on my favs here.

In the "Local Digest" section of the sports page

"Centralia senior forward Matt Shaw announced that he will play basketball for Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2004-05. Shaw, a 6-foot-6, two-year starter for the Orphans, has been the team's leading scorer in each of the past two seasons. "

P.S. The "Orphans"???

not sure if it is still there, but at one time centralia had a huge orphanage. the girls team is called the annies i think.

i you ever want to lap up a nostalgic atmosphere, go see a high school game there. you will swear you are in hoosiers or something of that era.

Hope Mr. Shaw has a fine career at SIU except when he plays the Bills. I don't think UB is real upset over this. He's got a season to see how guys like JJ, IO, Ian aka Zorba work out at the PF position. And also hopefully to find a late blooming PF in the JUCO, Transfer, or HS ranks. I still long to see some guy who is 6'8", quick as a cat, and leaps tall buildings in Billiken Blue.

there is a story in today's carbondale paper.

shaw announced he was going to attend the university of southern illinois. not siu but usi. kindof funny actually. he did say he had a hard time telling coach soderburg and joked that he couldn't get his dad to do it for him.

I think roy that Brad made the right choice for the team, ie going after the player with the most potential, but perhaps not the best player right now. I would agree that Brad is dissappointed but does not feel it is the end of the world. I am gald to see that Matt had a hard time telling Brad his decision. We have 3 of our taregets, and missed on two.......Not bad in his first full year of recruiting.