pitino hates c-usa

I agree with Pitino c-usa sucks. It makes no sense for anyone.We need to be in a basketball only league or at least one where basketball is the dominant sport. You know like c-usa was suppose to be before the football boys came in and took over. I'll miss playing Uof L but we will be better off in our "private school" confrence.

This is a good sign. If pitino is out saying that CUSA is god awful it most likely means L'ville will be out soon ans CUSA will be no more. I don't think he would risk pissing off any CUSA mambers or admin if he wasn't positive they would not be a part of it much longer.

torch said, "I don't think he would risk pissing off any CUSA mambers or admin if he wasn't positive they would not be a part of it much longer."

personally i think rick truly believes he is bigger than college basketball and can say or do whatever he wants. he couldnt care less who he p!sses off or on.

The article refers to the speculation that Syracuse will likely leave the Big East for the ACC.

>>Too bad Syracuse won’t be around to play Pitino’s Cards every year. As one Big East insider said of the move to the ACC by Miami, SU and Boston College, "It’s a done deal."

>>The stench is beginning to make me sick to my stomach. You’ll pardon me; time to get acquainted with my map of Tobacco Road.

Don't be fooled. There's no such thing as "basketball-only." SLU, et al, are not "basketball-only" schools. Rather, they are non-football schools.

All of the conferences and conference realignments everyone has been talking about are for all sports. It's just that the one many of us are pining for would be made of non-football schools.

It would be a great thing for SLU if the Big East non-football schools merged with SLU, Marquette, DePaul, Charlotte (and maybe also Xavier and Dayton from the Atlantic 10). Short of that, I'd rather see the Billikens as part of C-USA, because conferences without football will be minor (okay, okay: mid-major) players in the NCAA unless schools like Georgetown, St. John's, and Villanova are involved.