Corey Tate steering Butterfied to Mizzou

6'6 Power forward Darryl Butterfield is considering MU and Austin Peay and his final two choices. Butterfield was a NJCAA Region XVI all-region and all-conference pick this season for Mineral Area College. Mineral Area is coached by former Mizzou standout Corey Tate. I'm assuming SLU didnt offer. Why are we chasing out of state pf's like Walls and Stemler and not even offering highly touted JUCO's in our own state like Butterfield? Oh yeah, check out mutigers.com and read about how excited the players are about playing in Mike Anderson's system and how it will let them showcase their natural abilities. I'd love to see Liddell in that kind of system with his court vision and athleticism. Maybe Brad can take notes on Anderosn both offensively and defensively. Anderson's team have led the nation in steals each of the last 3 season. Never been done before in NCAA history.

Your right Vtime the Billikens need to run and score more this year. We have the players to do it. I think a perfect example of that is the game against UNC charlotte. That was the best game we played all year and it was fun and exciting to watch. That game should show Brad that we can run and score in the 70's and still get W's.

You are off-base as usual. Why do you want us to go after a kid whose coach is "steering" him to Mizzou? Why do you want us to go after a kid who is not even ranked in the juco top 100? You are criticizing the staff for going after two top 60 recruits in Stemler and Walls? Why aren't you critical of Mizzou for not going after your buddy Muse who is rated higher than this kid? If Mizzou is battling Austin Peay for recruits, it shows how low their program has sunk.

Besides the hectic pace that Anderson sets, he doesn't really have an offensive system that sets him apart from the 'blah' a lot of college teams run. If their press isn't clicking they have huge trouble winning games.

And for the record, I don't think Brad needs any help with his defensive schemes. I can just imagine IV or Luke Meyer running a full court press. It'll be a new coach with new players before a scheme like Anderson's could be incorporated.

I hope that UB HIRES a coach with an offensive background, one who actually knows what 'MOTION' or a 'BACK PICK' is. Instead of hiring one of his former players that have 'zero' to add to the program strategy wise.

>You are off-base as usual. Why do you want us to go after a

>kid whose coach is "steering" him to Mizzou? Why do you want

>us to go after a kid who is not even ranked in the juco top

>100? You are criticizing the staff for going after two top

>60 recruits in Stemler and Walls? Why aren't you critical of

>Mizzou for not going after your buddy Muse who is rated

>higher than this kid? If Mizzou is battling Austin Peay for

>recruits, it shows how low their program has sunk.

SLU is a mid-major, Mizzou is a high-major. They can pass on guys and other high-majors will still be looking at them. MU doesnt have an immediate need inside, SLU did before the Knollmeyer signing. Okay, Butterfield inst a top 100 guy, but Mineral Area isnt that far from SLU, and I bet Soderberg hasnt taken a look at MAC all year. I'm pretty sure MU has seen him play. We were lucky to get Knollmeyer because MU didnt want him and only got a commitment from him because of the out of state recruiting ban. I'm still highly critical of Brad's recruiting and until Powell and Harrellson have offers from SLU I will continue to be. How often to we have 2 big sure division 1 forwards in the same class in this area? He cant waste this opportunity by waiting and waiting and waiting.

>Besides the hectic pace that Anderson sets, he doesn't

>really have an offensive system that sets him apart from the

>'blah' a lot of college teams run. If their press isn't

>clicking they have huge trouble winning games.

>

>And for the record, I don't think Brad needs any help with

>his defensive schemes. I can just imagine IV or Luke Meyer

>running a full court press. It'll be a new coach with new

>players before a scheme like Anderson's could be

>incorporated.

>

>I hope that UB HIRES a coach with an offensive background,

>one who actually knows what 'MOTION' or a 'BACK PICK' is.

>Instead of hiring one of his former players that have 'zero'

>to add to the program strategy wise.

You say if the press isnt working they have huge trouble winning games? He's won at least 20 game each of the last 3 seasons. 2 of those seasons were in the same conference with us in C-USA. The press looks like it's working an awful lot to me. I'm sure he can make adjustments if it doesnt. 3 straight postseaon appearance including a Sweet 16. Am I the only one who hates Brad's ability to make in-game adjustments and half-time adjustments.

How can you sit and type that UB doesn't know what is going on at Mineral Area? How do you know?

I am sick and tired of inuendo of uninformed (about how UB spends his time) folks who follow bball as their hobby, who appear to KNOW more than the guy in town who has this as his job 24/7. NO ONE works harder than Brad Soderberg. If he hasn't gone to MAC I am certain that he knows the folks there and they won't fit into his program, or arent the right fit for SLU.

Period.

mhg

I bet your being critical is eating UB up inside. Brad ... if you are reading this ... please relax and sleep well tonight. I know that will be hard knowing that Vtime is critical of your recruiting. Maybe if you hire Floyd for the Asst position ... you will earn some respect from Vtime and we all know how important that is.

If Floyd was the Asst could we recruit white players. I hate Floyd Irons I would never give another dollar if he was the coach at any level.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman