The official word....

I completely agree. That is discouraging. Some guys on this board act like we have so much talent that we can continue to "save scholarships." It seems like every year we end up "saving scholarships" hoping something better comes along. It almost never does.

With Ian a senior, there should be a sense of urgency to get a little better instantly and made the Big Dance. I hope we don't look back on this recruiting season as a missed opportunity. Coach failed in his stated mission to land a shooter this spring.

>I'd rather save them for a loaded local class next year than

>land another Darren Clarke/Justin Johnson pine rider......

It's a great big country out there. Why is it too much to ask for our staff to find a player or two with those remaining scholarships who is not a pine rider?

I'm glad we'll have plenty of saved scholarships for the class of 2011. None of those players will be interested in us because we will have not made a Big Dance in over a decade, but hey, at least we have those scholarships ready for when these star players fall into our lap.

>The local 2007 class isn't loaded by any stretch of the

>imagination. Other than Powell, it's midmajor/low-major

>city. I still want O'Rear though.

2007 is loaded. If you want bigs you got Powell and Harrellson. You want wings you got McNutt, Gilmore, Woodland, Doss, Plackemeir Eckerle,and Griffin. You want pg's you got Stokes, Rahmon Fletcher (not technically from the area, but a guy we must offer). Guys like Felton and Stewart are unlikely, but they are still in the class. I know Nate, Stewart will likely go pro in baseball, no need to plug that in.