>

>IV, TL, KL, LS, OI/AK.

>

>If Stemler doesn't show then it will look something like

>this:

>

>IV, TL, KL, LM/other JUCO, OI/AK

IF DM hits shots like he does in high school he will start at sf

personally i will be shocked if maguire is a starter next season. i wouldnt be surprised if maguire is redshirted. a high school center needing to learn to play as a wing is a huge adjustment.

I agree with Scoop. Based off what I have seen thus far in pickup games this spring and the scrimmage for Stemler, JJ has been a beast! I just hope he has finally seen the writing on the wall. He is the missing link IMO.

The only way I would see Maguire redshirting is if Stemler signs on today and Brown and Polk both show enough improvement from the outside in the fall before the games start. Even if that all happens I am still not sure I redshirt Maguire. If his shot is as good as advertised, I am sure he will have a role on next year's team. Outside shooting besides Lisch and Drejaj was pretty ugly for most of the year. I know Maguire will have to get up to speed on defense, but hasn't he been playing the wing spot over the summers, so it shouldn't be completely new to him either.

Starting 5 so far:

Lisch, Liddell and IV, after those 3 open it up and see who steps forward.

>personally i will be shocked if maguire is a starter next

>season. i wouldnt be surprised if maguire is redshirted. a

>high school center needing to learn to play as a wing is a

>huge adjustment.

Maguire plays wing on the AAU circuit and has proven himself capable enough to get a division 1 offer. AAU is the evaluation period. If they weren't confident in his wing abilities they wouldn't have offered. This board has blind faith in Brad, so why doubt Maguire's wing ability.

maybe because in the games i have seen him play, i havent seen wing skills EXCEPT a very excellent shot.

>maybe because in the games i have seen him play, i havent

>seen wing skills EXCEPT a very excellent shot.

That excellent shot is what we need. And did Drejaj really provide much more on the offensive end? If we had one guy outside of Lisch with an excellent shot last year we would've been 5 games better.

i dont think you can generalize like that. if a departing player gives you strong defense but is a streaky shooter and average ball handler and passer, what makes you think a great shooter that is a weak defender with even less passing and ball skills makes the team better?

>i dont think you can generalize like that. if a departing

>player gives you strong defense but is a streaky shooter and

>average ball handler and passer, what makes you think a

>great shooter that is a weak defender with even less passing

>and ball skills makes the team better?

I'll take a stab. Coach Soderberg has said that it is easier to teach a good shooter to play defense, than it is to teach a good defender how to shoot. The other component is that I feel we have guys who can handle the ball and pass in TL, KL, DP, but we don't have anybody outside of KL who can shoot. Another sharpshooter will open up so many opportunities for Ian and TL. It is this team's greatest need by far.