one-on-one

i'm kevin's biggest booster, however, one on one is a totally different game than 5 on 5 basketball a lot of kevin's traits and strengths are about moving without the ball etc. imo, tommie's long strong body would win one on one with kevin more times than not. that said, it would be a war. kevin would make sure of that.

As much as Metz can aggravate, I have to agree with him that this board seems to be inafatuated with a minimally talented Bryce Husak. I will concede that maybe he just needs some more time confidence, but what scares me is his amazing lack of coordination. He has trouble catching the ball, much less making an offensive move with it.

My thoughts on Bryce...

I think we have been spoiled with Ian and we expect Bryce to come in and equal what IV gives us. Not gonna happen...for us or 250 other schools. I think Bryce served as an adequate backup this past year. He came in for a few minutes a game (6.0). Definitely altered the game down low with his presence (averaged .051 Blks/min vs. IV @ .058)and was able to score with his back to the basket AND spotting up (HIGHEST FG% on the team). But what you say, Drew, is correct. He needs to develop better coordination and more stregth. But that is the nature of big men...they take longer than most to develop. I would challenge you to find me one 7+ footer on a team, not in the perrenial top 25, that meet your big man criteria as a SOPHMORE. All this being said, if Bryce is the same guy he is today in 2 years, i will be very disappointed.