How about some optimism?

Scoop

I took a hiatus from this site for a while and when I came back it is worse than before. We go from a 9 win season to 16-13 and all I read is we need this and we need that. I hope potential recruits don't read this board because instead of seeing something positive they see a bunch of crying.

SLU has the best center in the A10 returning along with the freshman of the year and another on the all freshman team. We have good supporting athletes with potential in Obi at the 4. We all know we need a PF, but lets not run it in the ground and practically dismis our program because we haven't landed one in a couple years. Geez. How about some optimism? Things look pretty damn good for next year.

And with Stemler, we haven't lost him yet. Even if we do, UB didn't drop the ball. I guarentee SLU talks to him everyday and have been for a long time. It's hard recruiting against teams who make the final four. How about something positive for a change.

I really look for SLU to win 20 games next year and make a run at the big dance. It's disappoiting to see them finish on a 3-game slide, because Brad's teams have typically been at their best at the end of the year. I think it's important that Brad fill some holes for next year, but it's more important to recruit now for beyond next season IMO. I really think SLU will be better next season.

It's people like Scoop who are hurtful to the program. the people on here who are critical are critcial for a reason. But the people out there who want to throw a parade because we went 16-13 are the ones who we should worry about. I hope recruits dont read posts like that and think we're accepting of a mediocre program. We need to push for better results. We don't need to slam the ones who demand a better program.

I'm critical about our program because I can't tell what direction we're going and as a fan, that drives me friggin nuts. I mean, we can't be satisfied as supporters of Saint Louis University basketball right now; even with an All A-10 center and two All-Rookie members. Ok, it's a start, but the entire conference was down this year, so it doesn't make much of a difference. The difference between the A-10 First Team and lets say the Mountain West First Team is minimal. The CAA is creeping up on us and the MVC has put us in the rearview mirror. We'll look back to April 3, 2002, as the day our program died.

As if it makes a difference whether fans on this board are negative or positive. I would bet a large % of the posters don't give a dime to the program ... and many that do not much. We are just fans posting opinions ... lets not get carried away and think they make even the smallest iota of a difference.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Billiphan, you are a complete idiot. I am nothing but positive about the Bills which is positive for the program. Quit expecting a Duke overnight.

I just come to this board for some good hoops information and get blasted for stating an optimistic opinion. Class act.