Lisch A-10 ROW again

SLUDrew

there is no denying that we are lead by two freshmen and ian. the difference in production and talent after that is sizeable.

I'm curious...where would everyone rank our big three (IV, TL, KL) - top 15, top 20, top 30 in the A-10? And how many teams in how many conferences would have anything more than that?

Clearly, the depth beyond that is weak, again a sign of the recruiting struggles of the first two years. Let's hope that gets better.

that makes no sense - VTIME. you're not giving him credit for recruiting guys because they already wanted to come here. are you saying that they wanted to come here before soderberg recruited them? if so, what is your evidence? i distinctly remember tommie liddell saying that one of the main reasons he decided to come to slu was because he like soderberg so much. that exemplifies the great job soderberg must have done recruiting him.

tommie liddell and kevin lisch are the two best local recruits to stay at home since l. hughes, without a doubt. romar's recruiting job doesn't even compare. i think some have also forgotten that soderberg recruited ian vouyakous, probably the best billiken center in the last 25 years.

>Wow he recruited the guys in the area who were on the tips

>of everyone's tongue. Its not like he won a heated

>recruiting war. These guys wanted to come here. If he gets

>Powell, Harrellson, Kueker, and Tyus, then I'll be

>impressed.

I believe you are incorrect in assuming that recruting wars weren't won for Kevin or Tommie. What facts do you have to back this up?

FUTURE Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Lisch

He's done a decent job. Look at the local guys he's let go or couldnt get in the same span. Chris Kellerman, Lorenzo Taylor, and Terry Evans all had to settle for smaller conference schools because SLU didnt offer. Dont get me started on Ahearn or Sky Frazier. He's got one area kid coming in next year and he's not the top player in the area. We all knew we would be successful if we recruited local kids so I'm not going to commend him for attempting to do the obvious program building solution.

so which of our current players vtime should coach soderberg not recruited so he could have had kellerman, taylor, etc.?

btw, i watched kellerman a lot in high school and the last thing we needed was another softie like him. he was not a-10 talent.

remember, Polk was Player of the Year and meyer was All-metro in 2004. the big war for tommie came after he was already a billiken when unlv tried to steal him away from us and many other vultures tried to get in on him when he decided to go to prep school.

the '06 class really has no diffence makers in it like TL or KL. if we offer stemler and he signs, that would give us six kids from the metro area on the team next year. DM, of course gives us five.

bad boyz for life

Not A-10 talent? Who cares. If they play in the St. Louis area, they should be in Billiken Blue. No questions asked. Let's play a game. How about we list the top fifty players in St. Louis over the last 5 years (any class) and see which one's aren't at SLU. Oh wait, VTIME posts that every day.

>so which of our current players vtime should coach soderberg

>not recruited so he could have had kellerman, taylor, etc.?

>

>btw, i watched kellerman a lot in high school and the last

>thing we needed was another softie like him. he was not

>a-10 talent.

Kellerman is having a very solid freshman campaign. A 6'8 pf who might hit an outside shot every once in a while, yeah we dont need that. He's a very good jump shooter and can step out and shoot the 3. Lorenzo Taylor is a magnificent 6'7 athlete. You ask who we shouldn't have recruited. We werent at our scholarship limit.

did you ever watch chris kellerman in high school? he was contained many a night by 6' high schoolers. and he rarely led the teams in rebounding.

Kellerman is having a very solid freshman campaign. A 6'8

pf who might hit an outside shot every once in a while, yeah

we dont need that. He's a very good jump shooter and can

step out and shoot the 3. Lorenzo Taylor is a magnificent

6'7 athlete. You ask who we shouldn't have recruited. We

werent at our scholarship limit.

Please don't mention Lorenzo Taylor as a player who could make a difference on the Division 1 level. He is at best 2 years away from making a meaningful contribution. Kellerman on the other hand would have been intriguing as a jumpshooter. He is in no way a legit PF.

If you don't believe me hark back to the DJ All-Star game at Fontbonne were both players were outclassed by marginal Division 1 signees.

>Kellerman is having a very solid freshman campaign. A 6'8

>pf who might hit an outside shot every once in a while, yeah

>we dont need that. He's a very good jump shooter and can

>step out and shoot the 3. Lorenzo Taylor is a magnificent

>6'7 athlete. You ask who we shouldn't have recruited. We

>werent at our scholarship limit.

>

>Please don't mention Lorenzo Taylor as a player who could

>make a difference on the Division 1 level. He is at best 2

>years away from making a meaningful contribution. Kellerman

>on the other hand would have been intriguing as a

>jumpshooter. He is in no way a legit PF.

>If you don't believe me hark back to the DJ All-Star game at

>Fontbonne were both players were outclassed by marginal

>Division 1 signees.

Jamar Smith also played poorly in that All-Star game, but is the sixth man for a very good Fighting Illini squad. Kellerman can play. Very good spot up jump shooter who could play pf for us. If we could try tommie and luke there, you cant tell me we couldn't have tried kellerman.