bad refs; very bad

DoctorB

Is it just me, or have we had at least 5-6 games this year with deplorable officiating? I do not recall such poor officiating on so many occasions in the past. Some of our games have been mind-boggling--as far as bad officiating.

I am not going to use that as an excuse for losing the games, although it may have been a factor in at least a couple of games.

Does the A-10 just have some really bad refs, or what?

I could not believe some of the lame calls--or especially lack of calls--in a couple of SLU home games, either--such as UMass, where they were hammering inside without fouls.

I watched a few other games on TV this past week, like Indiana-Illinois, and the refs looked OK there. Is it just our conference?

the C-USA refs, the MVC refs and the A-10 refs are by far the worst crews in the NCAA... Pardon me for saying, but they couldn't ref a high school JV game between St. Mary's of the Blind and the Illinois Institute for the Deaf. They are piss poor and we tend to get the bottom of the barrell refs for all of our road games, as does my hometown team Bradley, who now have lost 14 consecutive conference road games under Jim Les (is not more).

i am probably the worst guy to ask about basketball officials because i think most are bad. i want everything called. imo, you start calling everything, in the long run it makes their jobs easier because then the players and coaches will adjust.

but instead the refs are so damn inconsistent. and not just from game to game, but half to half, hell possession to possession.

maybe they cant keep up with the great athletes. i dont know.

but back to premise, as much as i hated cusa officials i havent seen much that i like from the a-10 at all reffingwise!

The thing that kills me is that the calls that are so bad against us seem to come at the most crucial times like the refs have money on the game or something. I hope the refs have not adopted an attitude that we are newcomers so we get no calls for a year or two but that is sure what it looks like. Overall, I think the quality of officiating and the attitude of the refs--in your face telling Brad to sit down and shut up--is absolutely terrible.

I think it will be tough for the team to garner respect in the A10 if we continue to shoot 41.1% from the field or 31.6% from behind the arc...to make matters worse, we've hit 37.9% and a whopping 35.6% in A10 games.

While it doesn't excuse marginal or lazy officiating, I don't see the Bills getting top-25 calls with top-200 stats...

I'm confused, are the refs instructed to give better calls to teams that shoot better? THe quality of our play should have nothing to do with what kind of calls are made. Our RPI though was much better than Richmond's coming in so we should have gotten much better calls.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Not quite what I was going for...what I wanted to say sounded good in my head, but must have fizzled over the keys.

There seems to be a call for the "Michael Jordan treatment" for our guys (or the Kobe, Shaq or Lebron treatment) just because they're our guys. Granted, there probably are guys (I dunno if the A10 has any female men's bball refs) out there that will give that sort of treatment, but having an average spread of -0.1 ppg against conference opponents isn't likely to draw the MJ attention.

I think we need to hit our shots before we worry this much about officiating. Without a doubt, any team's diehard fans are surely able to find a way to see (in their own minds, maybe) that the refs are skewed against their boys.

Bigger fish to fry, I think.

I'm not looking for anything above equal. If you are going to tell me that the GW and Rich games were not extremely biased towards GW and Rich then I will assume you missed those games. I would like equal, in some crazy way that seems fair to me.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

"While it doesn't excuse marginal or lazy officiating, I don't see the Bills getting top-25 calls with top-200 stats..."

PLEASE explain why there is a difference?