Real Players in Deleware Tournament

SLU_Nick

I just got back from a deleware high school/prep school tournament and it was unreal. The prep game between Brewster Academy and South Kent was literally a dunkfest. Scouts were all over the bleachers and I would have taken any player from either team and offered him a scholie from us right now. Most of these prep teams are on the east coast and still trying to prove something. Emmanuel Negedru is the next Lebron James by the way. (Steve, save this post so I have proof that I called it).

But maybe with a good showing in A-10 conference play we can woo some of these East Coast leapers in the future. If Tommie and Kevin can play well (and up tempo) on the east coast maybe some recruits will start to lose their negative idea of Saint Louis.

And all this is only if Brad wants to look places other than the Saint Louis area and Texas for players. And these prep players are not only looking for Duke, NC and Mich St either. Brewster Academies graduates are headed to Colorado, Virginia, Winthrop, and LaSalle. At this tournament every player that played the 4 and 5 position was over 6'8. A lot of them with JJ type bodies. Brad really needs to get off of his love for Ross Varner types and embrace the fact that the BEST high schoolers in the country will have defensive lapses mixed in with their 35 inch vertical leap.

We need athletes and we are definitely getting more athletic, but I was a big advocate of Xavier Price being signed with us, because he is a playmaker like Tommie. But we opted for Danny Brown and Luke Meyer.

We have a thread saying let Tommie play, and he was our best playmaker (minus IV) for the first 12 games of the season. I didnt see the Iowa game but everyone is saying that TL was too timid. Brad hopefully isn't telling him to settle down on his driving and runners in the lane. Sure sometimes his fadeaways are brutal, but we cant have him just drive and look to dish every time otherwise he will turn into the rest of the billiken guards with one year under UB. Remember last year when Polk would look to run and when DB and LM wouldnt care that they were freshman and would just play. It looks a lot like DP,DB,LM just dont want to mess up. KL is allowed to play offense however he wants because his defense is superb but please dont hinder the billikens and turn TL's playmaking ability into DB's.

Nick

Nark, I live in Washington DC. I was just in deleware because my brother's highschool team was playing a bball tournament in Rehobeth Beach.

And again, I didnt see Tommie play on Friday. I just was commenting on the thread saying Tommie wasnt aggressive enough.

>I just got back from a deleware high school/prep school

>tournament and it was unreal. The prep game between

>Brewster Academy and South Kent was literally a dunkfest.

>Scouts were all over the bleachers and I would have taken

>any player from either team and offered him a scholie from

>us right now. Most of these prep teams are on the east

>coast and still trying to prove something. Emmanuel Negedru

>is the next Lebron James by the way. (Steve, save this post

>so I have proof that I called it).

>

>But maybe with a good showing in A-10 conference play we can

>woo some of these East Coast leapers in the future. If

>Tommie and Kevin can play well (and up tempo) on the east

>coast maybe some recruits will start to lose their negative

>idea of Saint Louis.

>

>And all this is only if Brad wants to look places other than

>the Saint Louis area and Texas for players. And these prep

>players are not only looking for Duke, NC and Mich St

>either. Brewster Academies graduates are headed to

>Colorado, Virginia, Winthrop, and LaSalle. At this

>tournament every player that played the 4 and 5 position was

>over 6'8. A lot of them with JJ type bodies. Brad really

>needs to get off of his love for Ross Varner types and

>embrace the fact that the BEST high schoolers in the country

>will have defensive lapses mixed in with their 35 inch

>vertical leap.

>

>We need athletes and we are definitely getting more

>athletic, but I was a big advocate of Xavier Price being

>signed with us, because he is a playmaker like Tommie. But

>we opted for Danny Brown and Luke Meyer.

>

>We have a thread saying let Tommie play, and he was our best

>playmaker (minus IV) for the first 12 games of the season.

>I didnt see the Iowa game but everyone is saying that TL was

>too timid. Brad hopefully isn't telling him to settle down

>on his driving and runners in the lane. Sure sometimes his

>fadeaways are brutal, but we cant have him just drive and

>look to dish every time otherwise he will turn into the rest

>of the billiken guards with one year under UB. Remember

>last year when Polk would look to run and when DB and LM

>wouldnt care that they were freshman and would just play.

>It looks a lot like DP,DB,LM just dont want to mess up. KL

>is allowed to play offense however he wants because his

>defense is superb but please dont hinder the billikens and

>turn TL's playmaking ability into DB's.

>

>Nick

I'm sure the kid you're touting as the Next Lebron James is pretty good, but you need to go see OJ Mayo or Bill Walker. Bill Walker is the most athletic player on the planet.

Is there a reason you quote the whole entire previous post? Frankly, I read that and I don't care to read it again. I am more interested in what you have to say in response .....

January 11th. I will be there and my family in full force. I brought home 4 billiken shirts so we are all going to decked out with SLU wear. Cannot wait. We are up in the upper deck but my brother and I are probably going to try to get lower because Im sure the student section wont be full at all

Ditto here .... but I am Lone Rangering it .... school night for the high school sophomore and her mom thinks I'm nuts for this to begin with so she won't join me. I know I'll have at least the identifiable Bills hat on and some similar shirt. I'm upstairs too for now but Sign Kid says that should change. I'll look for you.