T-Shirt Design Logo: Nark's Billiken or New Billiken?

SluSignGuy

I like your new motto thicks (I just deleted my posts, and changed your titles, I hope that is alright).

I will change the shirt later tonight or tomorrow morning. I am doing the final polishing of the Billikens.com paper now (worth 25% of my grade so that has my attention)

Steve

If I want it to be a perfect prose sentence, if would read: [div style=color:red]I'm gonna get my thrills, man, as a Bills fan.[/div]

My sig is not gramatically correct, as I omit the comma after "thrills." I guess I wanted to make sure the reader picks up on the rhyme of "thrills man" and "bills fan."

My suggestion for the shirt, including the line break, isn't formatted as a grammatically-correct sentence, but as "poetry," so the line break replaces the comma after "man."

>If we are going to be grammatically correct, then it should

>be:

>

>"I am going to get my thrills man, as a Bills fan."

>

>Gonna is not a real word.

Whenever you address someone in a sentence, Nark, you set off the name with commas (as I did in this sentence).

"Gonna" is a contraction of "going to." Come on, this isn't exactly formal writing we're dealing with here! Most people use "I'm gonna" in casual conversation, rather than "I'm going to," if the "to" leads to an infinitive and not a prepositional phrase.

"I'm going to bed now" (not "I'm gonna bed now").

"I'm gonna sleep well tonight" (rarely "I'm going to sleep well tonight").

Speakers tend to be lazy, and "gonna" is quicker and easier than "going to."

Not, it's not. It's just a shortened form.

Are you one of those "King's English" elitists, or did those nuns ingrain that so deep into your head that you can't appreciate natural dialectical variations without making judgements (ie., "right" or "wrong," "good" or "bad")?

You're debating this with a person whose degree is in English. I've gotten it from all angles. Or am I interpreting the tone of your post incorrectly? If you're serious, then I'd like to point out that in American English, the name of the language ("English") is always capitalized, but you used lowercase to correct me.