Four Guard?

slu72

I've been very diappointed in the play of DB. He was virtually useless last night. In recent games I see him forcing ill-advised shots, lacking concentration with the ball and generally playing out of control. Does anyone remember when they used to try and convince us that Larry Simmons or Floyd McClain were our best atheletes?

Danny has been terrible lately and he has been continuously sliding deeper and deeper into Brad's doghouse. His defense has not been as stellar as advertised and unless we're fast breaking, he serves little purpose on the offensive end. If this trend continues, don't be surprised to see a little more of Luke as the season goes on.

if you think of all of our games played this year, danny looked best when we were playing that full out running game. of course once the real season started and possessions became a little more deliberate, danny has looked out of place.

The intended offense is really four guys out on the perimeter and one post play.

It could be two small forward, a two-guard and a point-guard.

Unfortunately, we don't have two small forwards ready at this time. TL is capable, but Luke's being out two weeks has put him behind the others. Playing with two legit 6-6 or 6-7 small forwards would help with the rebounding and defense.

Using Marque Perry, Justin Love and two Mo Jeffers along with IV might win you some games.

I have thought for several games that Danny's play has deteriorated as the quality of our opposition has gone up. He needs a full dose of intense concentration and careful judgment. As with most of our guys he is still very young so I think he can learn and develop. I agree that Luke should play more if Danny continues to make mistakes, force bad shots and let his man score without much opposition.

Michigan State made the Final Four last year playing a four guard offense with a combination of Drew Nietzel, Chris Hill, Shannon Brown, and Maurice Ager as the three gaurds and kelvin Torbert playing the "4" position.

FUTURE Billikens.com sponsor of my man Kevin Lisch