finals

bills16

True, but you don't have private tutors and flexible test dates. Things may have changed in the last dozen years, but when I was in college the university was more-than-fair in accomodating the basketball team's understandably difficult schedule.

I think we can all say that Ross Varner was a different story as far as the division 1 athlete goes. He was just very very intelligent. I believe he double majored in Russian and International Business in addition to playing basketball and maintained a 4.0 gpa. Not many students (and students alone not playing a division 1 sport) could maintain a 4.0 in any major. It is my understanding that Luke Meyer is following the same path except I believe his major is in Accounting. It can be done, but not often is it seen.

OK, I must add a semi related Varner story that is very random. My freshman year, the Blue Crew had a post game party and somehow we managed to invite all the players. Needless to say we were highly intoxicated and at about midnight, in walks Varner. We all offered him shots and treated him like a party favor. He declined the shots and beer and asked for a glass of milk haha.

Classic SLU moment for me, pouring a glass of milk for Ross Varner.