Game

I was pleased with our performance because the only McDonald's All-American hopefull we're ever going to get to come to SLU actually works at McDonalds(on Lindell, a block or so away from SLU, night shift).

With that said, the energy was there and so were the jitters, but it will make playing at Hawk Hill and at Xavier easier. I put the game on mute because Len Elmore is awful, but will listen to the commentary tomorrow as I shift through game tape. I was impressed with Liddell down the stretch, but where was that the first 37 minutes? He needs to take over. Ian was a non-factor, but with Hansbor-dickweed on the post, it's tough. UNC defense was outstanding against him. Lisch is a stud. Hands down one of the best pure shooters I've ever seen, and coming from Peoria, I've seen them all.

We'll contend in the A-10 for sure. It took one game to convince me of that. Bills are back.

>I was pleased with our performance because the only

>McDonald's All-American hopefull we're ever going to get to

>come to SLU actually works at McDonalds(on Lindell, a block

>or so away from SLU, night shift).

>

Larry Hughes was a McDonald's All-American. Who's to say another won't come.

IV was the offense with his 5 Assists. The lock down D on him and his kick outs made it possible for us to stay in this game (well that and the hot shooting).

Metz - I hear you on Elmore, but his partner, Terry Gannon was pretty good - he did his homework and was pretty respectful of us (and our move to the A10).

Stream of consciousness...

I was expecting to get screwed on a few calls, but there were three that were really momentum killers: the blocking foul called on Liddell (who appeared to be standing still for about a minute and a half), Hansbrough's flop while guarding Ian, and the bad out-of-bounds call after Liddell's brilliant block.

I thought JJ was okay. He appeared to be playing with intensity, and he had several key rebounds.

It's going to be fun watching Liddell and Lisch continue to develop.

Is AD just going through one of his hot streaks, or has he improved as a shooter? I don't ever remember him being this hot.

We showed that we will not back down from the defending national champs on their court - there's no one else on the schedule that will be as intimidating - hopefully this will instill some confidence.

the handcuffs put on ian by the refs in the second half. no one in the country can stop hansborough with their hands behind their backs.

what sucks is the final score though. we should have won that game.

True Ian did not score. He did rebound, play defense, pass and he played smart. He didn't force shots that were not there.

Lot's of good tonight. Dreja again hustled, shot and played D. Kevin played well off the bench esp in the first half. JJ played well for the most part although he looked tired at the end. He missed the switch to Tyler H. when BH helped on the elbow. He also forget to block out on TH at the end. But he rebounded well and played D esp in the first half.

All in all-good effort. Young team-will keep improving.

>True Ian did not score. He did rebound, play defense, pass

>and he played smart. He didn't force shots that were not

>there.

Actually Ian had a pretty nice dunk off and offensive rebound. Ian is no longer a secret. He played within himself did not get frustrated and take bad shots. I can't wait to see this kid next year.

I know Charlie Weiss will tell you there's no such thing as a "moral victory"...but after watching the game on TiVo this morning, I can say I'm pretty pumped about SLU hoops...and it's been a couple years since that...first time in a while seeing IV, first time EVER for Liddell, Lisch...SLU's DEFINITELY gonna win games this year. I really like this group.