Billiken Madness = Success

SLU_Nick

Yes, we were able to cover all of our expenses...we actually ended up having to tell organizations on campus that wanted to help out that we did not need their donations. You all really pulled through and I thank you for that.

Hopefully with the support of the Athletic Department next year, "Billiken Madness: The Sequel" should be covered, but we will let you know if we end up needing any help.

If anyone knows what coach said on 550 about the event, let me know...I'd love to hear what people had to say. Most people won't tell me what they really thought coz they're being polite, so I really want to know how people think we can improve for next year...besides, again, making sure that the guys make their dunks on the 3rd or even the 4th attempt ;)

Any idea for next year...consider scheduling a home volleyball match for early in the evening just before the event. (In case you don't have a home soccer game again).

Honestly, you guys did a great job pulling it off. Anything that we could recommend would be fairly minor improvements.

It would be nice to have the band involved somehow - even if it's just a scaled down "pep band" version of it. That's about all I can think of.

Have you gotten any feedback from Cheryl, the coaches, the players, etc.?

My old fraternity was a complete no-show - we'll have to kick them in the butt to get them to show up for next year's Madness.

speaking of frats or student groups, the group on the one end where the players came out of the lockerroom was fantastic. if they were one frat, you should have made sure they got kudos that would make the other on campus groups envious. i.e. set up a "they got what?" scenario to inspire other groups to come out in force and in unison.

I talked to Dwayne and JJ this morning and they both said it was the most fun Midnight Madness they had seen/been to. Dwayne said very excitedly, "TWO THUMBS UP!!" All the players were very friendly to me today, so I'm assuming they were happy, or else they wouldn't be talking to me. I'm curious to hear what Dustin McGuire--the formally committed HS senior who will be playing for us next year--thought of it. He came out with Kevin and Luke to the Blue Crew camp-out Thursday night and he seemed excited.

I've only had positive feedback from all angles. Soderberg was very excited about it, as was the Athletic Department...they only had congratulations to offer and we're already going to sit down in the next few days and figure out what we're gonna do for it next year. Marketing asked me if I was a junior or a senior and I said junior, and his response was, "yessss". That made me feel good. ;)