Adam Koch with a weird top 3

3star_recruit

http://www.wbby.com/

Three schools remain in the chase for Koch

Loyola of Chicago, Northern Iowa and Wichita State remain in the hunt for Adam Koch, a 6-foot-8 senior from Ashwaubenon High School and www.wbby.com’s No. 3-ranked player in Wisconsin in the class of 2006.

Koch said Sunday he has eliminated UW-Green Bay, UW-Milwaukee and West Virginia from his list of options. Koch took unofficial visits to Green Bay and Milwaukee, along with an official visit to West Virginia.

Koch plans to take an official visit to Northern Iowa on Thursday, and he previously took an official visit to Wichita State.

“I felt really good with the program at Wichita State,†Koch said. “I went to the Northern Iowa team camp last summer and liked the guys as well. And, I like the coaching staff at Loyola very much. Those are the three schools I feel most comfortable with right now.â€

All three of those programs are good mid-majors and provide him the opportunity to play near home (and therefore family) on an annual basis. The biggest draw back to joining the A10+4 in terms of recruiting is that many of Coach's Wisconsin connections will not be very effective as the kids won't be able to play in front of their families on a regular basis. At least when in CUSA SLU was up in Milwaukee and Chicago annually. Coach is going to need to look towards Ohio and east for out-of-state kids to supplement the local kids he landing.

if the rest of the country is like st louis, it would be a down year for talent. the senior class in st louis doesnt have a lot to offer imo.

next year is a much better group of talented high schoolers in st louis anyway.

You changed the subject. The last thing we need is "Vitalisms" on this board (you know, 100 guys are the "best", 100 teams are "deserving of a bid", I have no idea what the future holds and it is always possible that Loyola gets better but in order to get a "good" mid-major tag you have to actually win some games first.

You incorrectly stated that Loyola was a "good mid-major" (a simple enough mistake which you chose to compound in response to 3-stars accurate comment). There is no way you can make that claim based on facts (the HIGHEST RPI that Loyola has achieved in the last DOZEN years was 157 and they spent most of those years around 250). Even an extreme Loyola homer would not make that claim. Yes, they almost earned an NCAA berth in a nice conference tourney run with Bailey ONE YEAR (after finishing middle of the pack in the regular season). Even if they went to the NCAA one year, based on one conference tourney run, that is not evidence of a much.