amazing show

i just watched a 10 minute show on charter origination channel.

demetrious johnson was the host and his two guests were jimmy mckinney and dwayne polk. basically the whole ten minutes was devoted to trying to convince mckinney to let it fly this year and to try to get mckinny to rip mi$$ouri.

you would have sworn by the way the questions and answers went that dwayne was an all american and jimmy was buried on the bench. it was all johnson could do not to say "jimmy you should have went to st louis u like dwayne".

one back and forth was all about how all the coaches and teamates at slu want dwayne to score and shoot as much as possible while demetrious tried to get jimmy to say that the coaches and players at mi$$ouri basically dont want him to score.

it was surreal.

well i hope this demetrious johnson polk is for real. because if so, apparently his sophomore season will be nate robinsonlike.

BRoy, am I nuts or isn't Demetrious Johnson the self proclaimed heart and soul of Mizzou in STL? You are going to have to clue me in as to why he took the show down this line. Does he have history of being Anti Quinn as I am pretty sure he loves Pinkel? If this was April Fools I could understand.

I don't listen to Demetrious Johnson's SportsWave program very often, but from when I did listen during the last basketball season, it became obvious to me that DJ had turned on Quin Snyder last year. I think his primary bone of contention was how Linas Kleiza was selfish and how Thomas Gardner had be elevated over Jimmy McKinney.

DJ's exhorting McKinney to take more of the scoring load onto his own shoulders is nothing new. That was happening during the season. I won't be surprised if DJ doesn't spend airtime blasting Brad if Dwayne Polk is passing up shots while Ian Vouyoukas and Kevin Lisch are two of the top two or three scorers this season or next (I'm not saying that's what I think will occur on the team -- just how Johnson would react if it were to occur).

P.S., I said to ask aj_arete because he had running debates with DJ on the air. The poor guy can't get anyone to see things the way he sees it (or is he playing devil's advocate?).

like i said, it was surreal. i just stumbled upon the show on channel 8 while channel surfing waiting for the next episode of law and order to start on tnt. i agree, johnson has always been about mi$$ouri that is why it was such a shock.

DJ had a legit beef with Parkway - you would be upset if your daughter was being called racial slurs on the bus. Now once it came public the district did finally respond and DJ probably did go a little overboard but that issue is over. All he wanted was someone to not say - kids will be kids - worse thing you can say to an upset parent. DJ went to MU but he is very unhappy about how the local blacks are being treated there. The whole - running back his name escapes me now- thing was a mess for the football team and McKinney was held in high regard locally with everybody thinking he was a NBA prospect. His plight under Quinn has really soured the area blacks on the bb program. All DJ wants is the local black players to be given good treatment and respect for their decision to not go away - DP's situation would be a poster child for DJ.