IO

cheeseman

His shooting last night was tremendous. Way to go IO! It's fun to watch a guy consistently knocking down shots like that. How 'bout those 3 pointers IPFW were hitting? Wow! Without those, we really blow them out.

>He's started to be as near automatic as a Billiken can be

>this year with his short-mid range jump shot. If he can hit

>10-15 foot shot there's no need for him to travel while

>trying to do a funky move to get a layup.

Agree completely. IO has a great mid-range jumper but gets himself into trouble when he puts the ball on the floor (added degree of difficulty when he adds a spin or two). I'd much prefer he just catch, elevate over the defender, and hit the mid-range shot. He can get that look all night against most teams because they have to respect his ability to put the ball on the floor.

Sorry 3Star - IO has not played the way he has the last couple of games all year - he has played fewer minutes and shot far better. As far as him not being a starter before this year - I disagree, IO started numerous times in the last 2 years. He may not have done so 100% of the time but starting was new to him.

Tseu.. - thanks for the stats - 02-03 was when he only played half a year so breaking into the starting line up was more difficult but I did think he started more then - obviously I was wrong. O3-04 shows he did start most games and has done so this year. Using the stats shared - IO has started over 55% of the games he played in and over 73% of the games in his last two full seasons.

Versus Eastern Michigan, IO was 9-12 from the field and 5-6 for the field for 23 points. Versus Troy, IO was 5-6 from the field and 2-2 from the line in only 23 minutes. You can't shoot much better than that. He also was rebounding better earlier in the season.

And like Thicks pointed out, IO started less than half of the games in his Billiken career before this season. Yet he is putting up the best numbers of his career by far this year, when he STARTED 20 of 24 games.

3Star - you can not selectively pick out a game or two as proof of your position. He clearly has been more of a positive force since coming off the bench recently then when he was starting. The team is playing better and he is shooting well. The only point I was trying to make was that maybe from an effeciency level - minutes played, we are getting more of a dramatic effort from him now then before.

well i have to admit, i was planning to side with "io is not playing better now that he isnt starting" camp, but after looking at his numbers, i would say that the edge goes to the io coming off the bench.

first, keep in mind izik's minutes have been cut. so keep that in mind when looking at the overall numbers. he went from averaging right at 30 minutes a game to 20 minutes per game now since coming off the bench.

his shooting percentage went from 51% as a starter to 58% as a reserve

his free throw percentage has went up to 77% as a reserve where as he was only at 67% as a starter.

the only category that is worse is rebounding where he has went down from 6.6 rebounds per game as a starter to only 1.5 as a reserve.

his assist average is up to 2 pg from 1.6 as a starter

his turnovers per game are down to 1.75 per game from 2.6 per game as a starter

his steals per game are up to 1.5 per game from .95 as a starter.

so other than rebounds, everything about izik's game is better since he lost his starting spot.